Rehearsals & Reunions

Chapter 20

~Emma's POV~

"Jazzy!" I screamed into the phone as soon as Jazmen picked up.

"Em!? It's about time! I haven't talked to you in forever, what happened!?" she squealed back.

"Yeah, uh sorry bout that. It's been a busy couple of weeks and I actually really need to talk to you. Can you come over?"

"Yeah sure, everything okay?" she asked, sounding sympathetic.

"Everything's fine I just really need to talk to you about something."

"Okay, I'll be over in five."

With that, she hung up leaving me to throw my phone back on my bed. I was actually kind of nervous to tell her about me leaving to go with Justin on tour for two months, which I probably should be. Shes gonna freak.

I feel bad for leaving her for that long of a time but I just really hope she understands that I need to be there for Justin through all of this. Obviously, were gonna talk every day and face time or Skype at least once a week. I never wanna go as long as I did without talking to her again. Even though I love being with Justin, I always begin to miss our girl talk and hanging out with my best friend.

Before I knew it, I heard the door open from downstairs and I knew it was Jazmen. 

"Up here!" I called to her, from my room.

I could hear her footsteps running up the stairs until I saw her standing in my doorway, a huge smile lit up across her face.

I ran to her, embracing her in my arms for as long as I could as she did the same.

"I missed you so much," she breathed out while I said the same back to her.

After our hug which felt like it lasted forever, I dragged her over to my bed so we could talk.

"So," she cleared her throat, "whats the big news?" she asked with bugged out eyes, notifying for me to tell her right this second.

"Well... It's kinda hard for me to say... and I know I haven't talked to you in a while and for me to tell you something that I've known about for a while would seem selfish but I just want you to know I've been thinking about it a lot and thinking about the right way to tell you and--"

"--Em. Just tell me," she begged.

"Jazmen, I... I'm... well I'm--"

"Yes????" 

"I'm going on tour with Justin for two months and I'm leaving tomorrow," I breathed out, letting out what felt like five liters of air.

I waited a while for her to say something, and when she didn't I knew she was mad.

"Jazz, I'm sorry for not--"

"--You knew this for that whole time and you didn't tell me?" she finally said, although I wish she didn't.

"Listen, I know I messed up and I'm really sorry but you have to understand I'm dealing with a lot right now," I tried to explain.

"And it would've been such a trouble to just tell me?" she furrowed her eyebrows, "what if I just bailed on you for two months and didn't even tell you until the second I was leaving? I thought you cared about my feelings more than that  but I guess you would choose Justin over me any day."

With that, she left. She got up, walked through the door and left. And I probably wont see her for two months. Maybe by the time I come back she wont even be waiting for me. She'll have a new best friend and will have forgotten all about me. That's how bad I messed up.