Explaining

Chapter 28

~Justin's POV~

"Justin, you have an interview, you ready?" Scooter asked. Right now were on the tour bus I guess heading to this interview hes just now telling me about.

"Uh.. I guess," I shrugged.

"We'll be there in a few."

I sat down on the couch and let out a puff of air. Its almost 10:00am and Emma still hasn't come out of her room. I guess were still not on speaking terms. Which I can understand, but I cant help but be selfish and want her to take me back.

Just then Emma came out of her room. Her eyes were still a little red probably from last night since mine were too. She shot a slight smile at me. I mean I think it was a smile. Barely, but still something. She walked into the kitchen and I followed her.

"You okay?" I asked, coming from behind her.

"No, not really." She said looking me straight in the eyes.

"Um, can we talk?" I said looking down at the ground. She nodded and pulled a piece of hair behind her ear. I lead her over to the couch and sat her down. "Look, Emma, can I just explain?"

"I thought you already did."

"Well Im gonna keep doing it til you give me a reaction." 

She gave me a hand motion to begin.

"The only words I can manage to make sense are I'm sorry. Honestly, I don't know what else to say besides what I did was wrong. What I did in no way lessens my affection for you. I've told you from the beginning that your my everything, the only girl I ever wanna be with because even if I tried with another girl, none of them are you. Em, you just have this thing about you that no one else has and it drives me crazy trying to figure it out. Your the only one who is you and the only one who can make me happy. The one thing I know I can promise you is that I'll love you forever. I can be there for you, and if you just let me prove myself I swear Ill never hurt you again. It makes me cry when I see you hurt. I love you."

"I know," she whispered, a tear hesitating to fall from her eye, but eventually it rolled down her cheek.

"Are you still mad at me?"

"Justin, I was never mad," she sniffled, "those kind of things don't make me mad, they just hurt. And I'm not gonna say I don't love you anymore because obviously I do. If I didn't, I wouldn't react like this. I'm crazy about you, and that's what makes it a thousand times worse," she said and left to her room.

That hurt. The words she left actually physically hurt. A tear rolled down my cheek.

"Justin, were here. Lets go, and wipe your face. I can't have you crying when we walk in there," Scooter said, walking into the living room. I wiped my eyes with my sleeve and headed out the door with Scooter in front of me and Kenny behind me.

"Welcome, Justin." The interviewer said as I took a seat in the chair across from her.

"Thanks," I fake smiled.

"So, hows everything going so far? You know, you basically just started your career. Hows it feel?"

"How does it feel? Its amazing. I mean, of course there's some ups and downs sometimes that make it hard but I have the undying love and support from my fans." Another fake smile.

"Awesome. Glad to hear your doing good. Now, I heard you and Emma were having some problems. Everything okay?"

"Me and Emma? When did you hear anything about us?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.