Game day

Chapter 16

~Maddies POV~ (In case you forgot Maddie is Emma's soccer friend(: )

"Maddie get in the car you're gonna be late!" My moms furious voice overcame me as I shuffled through my soccer bag making sure I had everything I needed for the game today.

And today was the game. The championship game. We've worked almost a year in preparation for this opportunity and now we have it. I can feel it at the edge of my fingertips almost slipping out at how nervous I was. But it was a good type of nervous.

Once I was sure I had everything I could possibly need, even three extra pairs of socks (just in case), I sprinted from my room, down the stairs, and into the passenger seat of my moms car.

---

"You go have fun out there, Mads. I'll be in the stands," she winked. I smiled back at her and nodded before heading off to my team a couple fields away. 

"MADDIE!!!" Various voice flooded my ears as my teammates began mobbing me with hugs and smiles clearly evident on their faces.

"We thought you were'nt coming, where were you?"

I smiled as wide as I could to show them I was excited to see them too before breaking my smile to speak, "Sorry guys I know I'm late I just was really nervous and everything and I kinda panicked and brought too much stuff and--"

One of the girls cut me off, "Stop. It's fine. All that matters is that you're here now."

"Yeah. Hey, is Em coming?" Jamie added.

My eyes widened at the thought of Emma and how I completely forgot to even remind her about the game.

"Shit shit shit shit," I murmured under my breath, "I completely forgot oh shit we can't play with out her guys I--"

"Hey guys sorry I'm late I'm sorry a million times."

I looked up from my thought and saw Emma running towards us stopping in her tracks once she reached us and I let out a sudden breath of air I didn't know I was holding in.

"Thank god," I breathed out, wrapping my arms around her.

I felt her smile into my neck as I embraced her in the biggest hug. God, I've never been so relieved to see her.

I broke apart from her after a few seconds when I saw a familiar looking boy running after her.

"Em, I'm gonna go in the stands with you parents," he was eyeing us out of the corner of his eyes, "I'll see you after your game," he pecked her lips, "good luck."

He ran to the stands where there were probably hundreds of people sitting and the rest of our team harmonized in gasps and 'aws' and whistles.

"Oooooh Emmmmma who's that?" They all said in unison, mimicking those voices you use when you know somethings up.

Emma blushed a deep red, hiding her face with her hands and turning around to watch him run back to the bleachers. When she turned back around to face everyone staring at her with puppy dog eyes she finally opened her mouth.

"Justin..." she trailed off, "fr-from school." 

She was blushing an even deeper red, fidgeting with her fingers. We all grinned at her, some giggling, some giving her the look, and some making lovey sounds to try to make her feel even more uncomfortable than she already did. But hey, that's what friends are for, right? 

"Look whatever, okay... Coach is probably waiting for us," she motioned towards where coach was and the rest of us followed along, still giggling and whispering about Jemma.