I Will Catch You If You Fall

Chapter 7

I woke up the next morning to my alarm blaring echoing sounds. 

8:00. Looking over to my clock, I remembered I had a soccer game today at 9. Damn, I forgot. I got out from under my sheets to see Jazmen curled up in a perfect ball, sound asleep. 

Gently, I pushed myself up from the bed not wanting to make any sound that would cause her to be released from her peace. After I was up from the bed I carefully guided myself around her sleeping bag on the floor trying not to hit her.

Once I got out of the room, I shut the door behind me and let out all the air I had been caging inside of me.

I headed down the hall to the shower, grabbing a towel on the way. I walked into the bathroom shutting the door behind me. Looking in the mirror, I had a bun on top of my head that needed some serious treatment, a tank top that must have did a back flip in my sleep, seeing its on backwards, and my oily face. I made a disgusted look at myself in the mirror, which lasted a few seconds..as they usually do.

When I had decided I looked like shit, and that it would be best to just stop looking at myself, I slid off my sweats, and my yanked my shirt off my back, not caring if it ripped.

Walking over to the shower, I made my way in, sliding the curtain shut. I rested my body against the walls, which I regretted soon after as chills ran down my back from the ice cold tiles. Jumping back up, I turned on the water and let it run down my body for a few seconds as I grabbed my body wash and my lufa. 

I was interrupted when I heard someone pounding on the door outside the bathroom.

"Can I help you!?" I asked, trying my hardest to let whoever it was hear my annoyance. 

"Emma, you have a soccer game today." The familiar voice of my mom rang through the door. No shit.

"Uh..ya. I know.. That was kinda why I'm up right now.." I responded.

I heard nothing back, so I assumed that she walked away. Realizing my hands were still in the air from making gestures, I brought them back down to put my shampoo and conditioner in.

After a couple minutes, I turned the water back off and jumped out wrapping a towel around my body. I plugged in my blow dryer and flat iron as I dryed myself and walked back into my room for my soccer uniform.

I walked down the hall and opened the door to my room walking in forgetting about Jazmen.

"Hey." I turned around in scarce to realize Jazmen was still here. 

"H-hey.." 

"Haha, sorry I scared you." She laughed. I responded with a smile and proceeded to look through my closet for my uniform which I soon found. 

"Soccer?" She asked, now sitting up on my bed.

"Yeah.. Only one game though." I said putting my towel in front of me so she wouldn't see me changing.

"Still. Supposed to be hella hot out today. I'm pretty sure they said it would be like in the 90's." She said rolling her head back. I rolled my eyes to show my frustration, then took the towel down as soon as I was changed.

"Damn. You comin?" 

"Nah I have to volunteer at some old people place for extra credits for school." She said rolling her eyes. I laughed and walked back into the bathroom to do my hair. I began blow drying it, and using my towel to get it a bit dryer.

I ran my brush thorugh my hair every few seconds to get the tangles out, then continued to dry it.

As soon as it was dry enough, I unplugged it then ran the flat iron through each clump of strands of my hair. After I made it as perfect as possible, I threw it up in a ponytail and put on a little mascara.