"That is true."

"So how's everything with Eric?"

"Okay."

"Every time I ask you that, I always hear uncertainty in your voice."

"We're good Chris, I promise."

"Alright, just making sure."

After that the drive got quiet. 30 minutes later we pulled into the parking lot of the furniture store. We climbed out the car then headed inside. "So What look are you going for?" I asked.

"A modern look, something different then what I had."

"You want a bachelor pad look?"

He laughed. "Why you so desperately trying to get me to grasp my single life?"

"Because you're supposed to, you're single, go mingle."

"I'm good."

"So you want to be lonely all your life?"

"I'm not saying that I'm just not in a rush to deal with somebody. I just went through a lot, ruined a 17 year relationship, I'm still trying to bounce back from all that. Don't think nothing by this but you know my heart still belongs to you."

I took a deep breath. "You like this couch?"

"Nah, not really my style."

"Ok, what about that couch?"

"That's nice, I like the color."

"It's your style. I think it'll look really nice in your living room, they even have a smaller one. All you'll need is two chairs and a nice table, some other deco-."

"Carlee."

My heart sped up and I quickly looked over my shoulder. "Baby?"

Eric walked up to me, looking at Chris behind me. "What's going on here?"

"Just helping Chris find some furniture for his place."

Eric's jaw clinched. Why are men that I deal with always intimidated by Chris?

"I don't think we've officially met." Chris said stepping in front of me with his hand out.

"Eric, Carlee's boyfriend."

"I'm sure you know who I am." A sly smirk peeled across Chris's face and I just immediately got nervous. Please don't be petty right now.

"Yeah the one that cheated on her. You just finished your rehab program right?"

God why?

Chris laughed. "That's funny, make sure you treat her right youngin'." He roughly patted Eric's shoulder then walked away.

"Why he can't find nobody else to help him shop for furniture?"

"Baby don't do this, please don't make something out of nothing."

"I keep getting that vibe that you wanna be around him. If that's the case then you need to leave me the fuck alone."