Seedy

Note from author: You guys, please understand that this is my first work. There will be many errors and what I like to call "newbie writing". But I enjoy sharing all of my work with readers. The good, the bad and the very very new. So enjoy, my first series!

We only know so much in life, I only knew so much about mine, I was young barely headed to twenty and I knew so much that I wasn't even sure what was right anymore. I knew that I had found another person in life that meant more to me then breathing. I didn't know if we were more than just a tale I would tell when I was old and senile. I barely knew what reality was and what was a screwed up version of it.

Opening my eyes for the first time in nearly twelve hours brought me back to my misery; I was cold and confused, sore and broke. It wasn't just my body that was battered it was my whole existence. I tried to make sense of all that was going on around me, trying to pull it together to understand what had just went down with Carlo and Evan, Kenny and Mark. Trying to avoid those horrid tortuous moments in that house, feeling like my whole life had been ripped from me and left on the side of the road. I had been through more in that short amount of time than anything I had before.

Marcus dying wasn't even the right feeling to compare this to; it was an all new low. A low that no one could understand unless they were ripped of the one thing that meant the most to them, beaten abused and maybe tortured some more just when they thought they were over the worst of it. Well if that were a comparison, it wasn't even close I thought turning over on the bed to see Kenny asleep, my body went into yet another shock at the sight of him in bed with me.

This had to be some sort of sick twisted dream I thought sitting up and whipping the covers off. I gave him one more look trying to factor in how it would be logical for him to be this near me. I decided that it made no sense and smacked him right upside the head sending him into a panic falling onto the floor with a loud thud. I clutched my pillow to my chest realizing I was in only my t-shirt, and glared at Kenny with pure anger.

"I knew this would happen!" He yelled half asleep, pulling himself off the floor.

"Well then why do you look so shocked?" I asked looking him over, starting to notice he was fully clothed all the way down to his shoes.

"There was only one bed; I got tired, the chair wasn't working for me. I didn't have many other options." He said irritated brushing himself off. I looked around the room realizing what he said made sense. Judging from the condition of the seedy motel, I wouldn't have wanted to sleep on the floor. I wouldn't have wanted to sleep on the bed either, for that matter.

"I'm sorry Kenny." I said looking away from him feeling upset with myself for jumping to conclusions.

"It's fine. I wouldn't expect anything less from you." He said with very little humor in his voice.

"Well I am sorry none the less. Where are we and what time is it?" I asked gathering my sanity as best I could to search for my pants.

"We are outside of town, maybe two hours at the most I'm not sure I drove until we were just about out of gas." He said throwing my pants to me; I caught them nodding as if this made sense. The last I remembered we were flying down the highway and I was in shock.

"Did you hear anything from Mark?" I asked hoping there was some word about what was going on. Kenny shook his head no peering out the window.

"I know Mark he won't call me. I figure we stay here until it seems safe to go back out."

"And when do you think that would be?"I asked unsure about what we were really looking for. Was it that easy to stay hidden against Grims?

"They won't find us here, if you're worrying about that." Kenny threw in looking at me.

"Why? I would think he could find anything he wanted." I asked sitting back down on the bed.

"I don't think so. Under the circumstances I really don't think so." Kenny said more to himself.

I stared at Kenny trying to decipher what circumstances we were under, I tried to remember and assemble everything with so much blurred and unknown it was not working to well. The one thing I did know for certain was that nothing would be the same again because so much had changed, it was just a matter of what exactly there was that was still left.

I didn't have time to panic over what had happened because I did not know, it was that simple. I knew I wasn't going to give up on Evan, until his dead body was laid out before me. I knew I wouldn't give up on him.