Holding hands

Give me strength to keep on moving, the ability to see past all flaws. I wanted life worth living, luck that never seemed to run out. Hope that was so strong nothing would ever suck the life out of it.

When it rained it certainly did pour on lives, but the rain was nourishing and allowed time for healing. I never wanted to be the one who was upset with my problems. I wanted to be the one who started the battle and won the fight. I wanted victory in my life no matter the outcome; I wanted to be proud of something.

The question remained what was that something I wanted to be proud of? Could I have it and be in love at the same time? What was my something?

Who came up with fairy tales with happy endings? Did they really see that blindly that they thought there was a happy ending? What love story did anyone know where the ending was what it should have been? How many times had anyone watched a love story and thought wow I wish it were me? I really couldn't imagine being any of those women. They might have thought they were ending happily but the truth of the matter was they were ending. The small difference, there was someone there to end with him or her shortly thereafter. I liked to call it temporary fulfillment.

Give me blind irony; one doesn't know what that truly means until you're sitting there in the world wondering how you made it in that exact spot that you didn't want to be in, and how you learned to like it, maybe love it. You thought how you never thought something so small or sad would make you content and able to continue.

Give me reality not some generic supplement, let me have the ability to accept all the harsh facts. I wished for the ability to suck up all the bad and not depress myself over it. Let me let go when the time came, and let me feel right for any moments that need be.

Lastly give me one thing I wanted more than anything, the one thing I didn't know until now that I wanted more than anything. Give me my soul mate not to love but to conquer life with, let him be my reason to become the best person I can be. Not because we loved but because we were simply meant to be, let us change and become partners in crime. Let us become the reason everything changed and the reason we actually lived.

A soul mate was more than a person you loved they were what was missing from the moment you were made. It was my belief there was one person in the world for everyone that made us more than human. Our soul mate was our ticket to become whatever it was, destiny or otherwise.

Then you wake up, from a dream that is. I was having such a great one I didn't want to leave it to come back to reality. It was a beautiful dream almost poetic I thought as I climbed out of bed.

Poetry soon crumbled as I saw him sitting in my home as if he were welcome.

"Kenny go now." I said standing in the doorway of the kitchen wondering where Evan was.

"Now why would I do that this is right." He said looking at me full of darkness. I gasped sitting up in the bed realizing now that all that was a dream and this was reality. Evan sat up in a flash staring at me.

"I'm ok." I said heart pounding out of my chest. I laid back down putting my pillow over my head to block out life. These nightmares of Kenny made him seem more evil. I wasn't sure what I was suppose to think of someone who seemed more drawn to creating such trouble in my life. It was hard to feel pity for him.

The day had to go on, life still kept on moving regardless how hurt one was. It didn't matter if you felt like stopping. If you needed a couple minutes to catch your breath, life would just keep on going.