Killing karma

How can you stay bitter and angry? How did anyone do that? To me it seemed hard to hold on to so much anger. I knew it was possible because I held that for a long time for my Uncle Mel. I felt angry with Marcus. But it wasn't true genuine bitterness, I knew that these issues would never change, so I was angry but I accepted it.

Some people in life just don't know how to get over something. They believe the only way to cope is to hold on to their problems and always be angry. I knew that maybe I would resent what Kenny did, but I would learn to move on. As angry, as one can become you also move past that and realize it wasn't worth all the energy.

I watched Kenny as he drove his mood hard to figure out; he was calm and quiet not saying anything to me, his eyes glued to the road. His hands stood out to me, large and so deadly I thought to myself remembering his grip on my throat. If he had wanted to, I was sure he could have snapped my neck. I shuddered at the thought of it, wishing the ride would end soon.

We were in an old white mustang that was stashed in a garage with a cover over it. The car was well maintained for being such an old car. I wondered if this were Evan's mothers or maybe part of Kenny's plan, maybe he had plotted more than anyone knew.

"It looks like it's going to rain." I said speaking up as I saw streaks of lighting flash across the sky.

"That wouldn't be surprising." Kenny said flatly, he wasn't willing to chat that was apparent. I racked my brain for something to peak his interest something that would make him open back up to me.

"You know this Christmas was the best one I ever had." I said sighing looking at him.

"Well I guess you're not going to be quiet, so I will humor you why was it the best?" He asked royally irritated.

"I don't know I guess I think it was because when I think back to it I'm still as happy about it."

"That's nice." He said with a shrug, I hoped I would go back to seeming human to Kenny, being human meant there was still a way to sneak back into his conscience.

"I can't wait to get back and sleep in my bed." I said laughing faintly, Kenny practically groaned. I stared at him a bit annoyed. Was it that hard to humor me with conversation?

"Would you please just stop?" He asked giving me a look.

"Sure Kenny, what else do I have to do?" I griped crossing my arms and resting my head against the window.

"I don't need you trying to befriend me before we get back." He said.

"Why would I do that?"

"I don't know it's hard to tell why you do anything. Don't act like you want to talk to me. Like this make anything better or easier." He said the last part so low and creepy. I took in a breath not releasing it my heart pounding in my chest.

"What does that even mean?" I said finally feeling my voice come out. I practically turned all the way in my seat staring at Kenny, what he was saying wasn't matching what was going on. I hoped it wasn't a slip up, or that he was revealing what he really had going on in his mind.

"Nothing, just stop talking." He said throwing a hand up.

"Why would you lie Kenny, what kind of person does that?!" I yelled so angry my hands were trembling. I knew what this meant; I didn't need him to say anymore. It was clear. He never planned on taking me home.