Almost over

If this were over, I was rather unhappy with the ending. I was upset with how simple it was and how uncomplex it all turned out. Being killed by Evan's brother was not all that original. If anything I imagined Carlo sitting at home waiting to hear the news, waiting to receive the phone call that all his years of evil battering on his children had paid off, and even when he didn't think it worked his kids were proving him right.

The look on Evan's face when he knew his Dad had won; that he finally grabbed what he wanted, it was the one was the one I was the most upset over. How terrible he would feel the rest of his life, how he would beat himself up for letting Kenny get to me. How he would regret letting me leave that day.

Nothing would be fixed or better, Kenny would still be miserable. Evan would never trust another ever again, and he would find his own way to destroy everything. Maybe he would become more evil then any of them just out of resentment.

I wasn't sure, I just knew that something bad was happening and I was hardly able to breathe. Kenny was ready to kill me for failing to be his ticket out of his horrible life. I didn't deserve it; I did nothing to become his easy way out, but there was nothing I could do to fix it. I had to endure it because I simply was powerless.

I scratched at his hands failing to remove them from around my neck my eyes feeling as if they were ready to pop out of my head; he seemed to become more agitated at this dragging me off the bed and slamming me into the wall. My feet dangling barely touching the floor, I pressed my palms into his chest pushing with all my might trying anything I knew how to grasp some sort of relief, I was pleading with my whole body for just one breath of air. I kicked and squirmed fighting his hands he finally dropped me letting my body collapse to the floor, I was barely there my head tingly, my brain unable to understand what was happening.

"Maybe it would just be easier to take the easy way out." Kenny said coming over to me staring at me. I remained where I was not willing to move or give him another reason to try it again. He was nuts, pure and simple he would enjoy torturing me and not bat an eye or think twice.

"But you know as well as I do that would make me a coward then." He said. "And I don't like cowards. My Dad was a coward, and I don't want to be anything like him."

"You mean your real Dad?" I asked sitting up a little.

"Yeah." Kenny said bringing his hand back to my neck, this time softly touching a look of disgust on his face; I knew it was the marks of his handprints that bothered him.

"I never heard about your parents before." I offered hoping he would give me a few moments of good before more torture started.

"Not much to say, they were junkies I had parents worth a lot of money and they snorted all of it away, My mom overdosed and my Dad killed himself instead of trying to raise his kid alone, And so I was sold to Carlo, and with that money he bought the gun that blew his brains all over a bathroom wall." He said shrugging.

"How old were you?" I asked it was hard not to feel bad for him still.

"I was ten or eleven I don't know anymore. It's hard to really know for sure, you hear so much and try to match that with memories, I don't know."

"What would you rather have?" I asked pulling myself up to a sturdy sitting position. "A life with pathetic parents, or Carlo?"

Kenny gave me a look of disgust. "I'd rather he shot me before he shot himself, and then I would have had a little respect for him. His last thought of his son was of how big of a gun he would bring him."