Sorry

"Eve I'm sorry." He offered. I stood in the small motel room feeling so overwhelmed. One part of me wanted to accept his apology the other half of me wanted to hit him again and scream at the top of my lungs for letting me continue this miserable existence that was meant to end. It all made so much sense on why I looked at life the way I had now. I was meant to leave way too soon to make any sense out of it.

"Ok Evan you're sorry." I said irritable flopping down into the hard bed. He stood up defeated heading into the bathroom. I shrugged not letting myself feel sorry for him, the water started making it impossible to collect my thoughts or sleep with the screeching pipes. I sat up annoyed putting on my sandals and heading out into the night.

Sitting down in the parking lot I hugged my legs crying, I was in the middle of god knows where in a nasty Motel waiting for who knows what to come kill me, All because I was 'special'. If that wasn't a kick in the face, I didn't know what was.

The soft lull of the freeway was behind me in the distance, crickets chirping not knowing that so much chaos was going on in the world. If they knew I didn't think they would chirp so loudly anymore, What I would give to be a small bug that never was that significant to humans. It had a way to live life without being noticed, that was the life I wanted to live.

I groaned loudly stretching my legs out in front of me barely seeing them with only the moonlight lighting up the parking lot and one small flickering motel sign off at the end of the driveway.

"What are you doing?" Kenny asked kneeling down. I wiped my face trying to hide the fact I was crying alone in the dark.

"Just needed some air." I mumbled looking at his face, it wasn't amused.

"Don't lie to me." He said with a peculiar tone.

"Where's Ari I thought she said she wasn't sleeping?" I asked changing the subject.

"Of course she is she's been sleeping for awhile now. I needed a smoke." He said pulling out some cigarettes.

"I didn't know you smoke." I said turning my nose up.

"Only when I'm on the run." He laughed dryly lighting up.

"So not often then." I said feeling pathetic.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing and everything all at once." I said touching my chin to my knees.

"You're mad at my brother aren't you?" He said blowing out smoke the smell passing by my nose as he waited for an answer to his blunt question.

"I am mad, but it's so complicated I don't think I even understand either."

"Well then that should tell you to get over it. He loves you and you know that what more do you want?" He said pushing into me playfully.

"I want to feel ok with everything again."

Kenny stared out into the night before he spoke. The wind howling past us rushing around like it had somewhere to be in a hurry.

I held my hair to keep it from blowing in my face.

"You and I know nothing is going to be ok." He said looking at me with a puzzled expression.

"What now Kenny, do we just keep running?" I asked feeling hopeless and at fault for the present situation. It may have all been inevitable but there was no way of knowing that for sure.

"I know you are strong enough to make it through anything, and I haven't known you all that long. So if I know that then you should." He put his arm around me gently and we sat in silence.

Kenny flicked his cigarette half smoked across the parking lot sending little orange bits trailing behind it.

"So what's up?" Evan asked breaking into the silence making me jump out of my skin. Kenny slowly removed his arm standing up to face Evan.

"I was smoking; she was just getting some air." Kenny said quickly, I stood up myself looking at the two of them. Evan's face seemed a little upset.

"Yeah I just needed some air." I said.

"Kenny since when are you so touchy?" Evan asked.

I raised my eyebrow at Evan it was almost hilarious for him to accuse Kenny of trying to pull some sort of advances on me. Kenny and I knew this; Evan was the only one having a hard time accepting.

"I'm going to tell you one time it's not like that with Eve, and next time I'll be offended. You're my brother she's your girl and I am doing nothing more than looking out for her." He said poking Evan in the chest and pushing past him to go back to his room. I watched Kenny disappear clutching my arms shaking from the cold. Evan puts his arm around me as the wind howled even louder.

"Let's go inside." He said as I followed him in.

I lay down in the bed sensing that Evan was uneasy; he lay down beside me not saying a word. I stared in the darkness thinking of something to say to make the situation rest.

"I forgive you." I said out loud closing my eyes and waiting.

"Alright what does that mean?" He asked stubborn.

"It means it is merely a bump in the road, I know you care about me, and you did what was right. I simply want to know that everything is going to be ok." I said sighing.

"But how do I do that?" He asked.

"I don't care how; I just want to know that everything is going to be alright. And that we are meant to be together." I said throwing my arm over his chest.

"We will always be meant to be together and I can tell you that honestly." He played with my hair, the feeling of calm sweeping over me.

"Then that's all that matters right?" I asked feeling relaxed and ready for bed.

"Absolutely." Evan said as he fell fast asleep.