Wrong idea

A house that once stood may be no more, what I thought would have bothered me simply did nothing at all. There was so many other issues in life that I could see clearly that a house was no big deal.

My Mother may have lost her mind and to me this was yet another thing I didn't care about, in a sense, I thought it served her right; crazy was going to be her only friend. Maybe this was a punishment for her turning into a cruel pathetic mother in the end. I wasn't sure if this was the end, but it was the end of her and I ever having a chance of a relationship, I just did not believe that one would ever come back to life ever.

Gray and I pulled into the hospital parking lot; he had woke me up at the crack of dawn to come see Dad. He demanded I come with him to break the news to our vegetable of a Dad. I didn't see the good or the harm. If he could hear, it was a crappy thing to be hearing. I crossed my fingers thinking that maybe it would shock him back to life. It had been several months so many I was starting to think the only thing we would have left of him was his lifeless body in a bed.

"Are you ready?" Gray asked me a strange look on his face.

"What is there to be ready for?" I shrugged unlocking my door.

"Wait." Gray blurted out rather loud and rushed, he grabbed my arm stopping me from heading out.

"Eve, tell me about Evan." Gray said a look in his eyes that was very telling; it was a look of knowledge. I didn't know how to judge it; I blinked lightly trying to not look bothered.

"Gray it's been almost a year what could you possibly want to know?" I said. "I thought we were on good terms."

"What is it about him and his whole family there not normal?" He asked clutching the steering wheel as he spoke.

"Why not?" I asked unsure what to do.

"There just not normal something is not right, so much is not right and I thought I was nuts." He stopped talking just staring at me.

"Gray I don't know what you want me to tell you, Evan is as normal as me and you."

"I'm not stupid, people are human they gossip it doesn't take much to ask a couple questions, I held off as long as I could." He said.

I didn't know what he meant or where his suspicions had led him.

"Are we going to do this?" I said trying to change the subject to get free from the car.

"I'm your brother you can admit to me what he is. I know you probably been sworn to secrecy."

"No I haven't, it's nothing more then I love him Gray, I love him for him, not who he is or what he does or doesn't do. He loves me for me, and I think that should be the end of it." I said looking down.

"Would you love him even if his family killed Marcus?" He asked this caught me so off guard I nearly choked.

"What is it you think Gray?" I asked in awe.

"What do you know?" He asked back not budging.

"I told you I love Evan for Evan, and you know exactly why Marcus is dead don't act nuts Gray." I opened the jeep's door.

"Do you think that you and Evan will really be accepted if everyone knew whatever it was that you knew?"

"I think that it doesn't matter what anyone thinks, I love him more then you will ever understand, Flaws and all." I headed through the parking lot Gray slowly followed.