Terrible mistake

Morning rolled in and I was eager to go see my Dad again, he was alive and I wanted to spend as much time with him as I could. I knew my Mother would not be there, I wasn't sure how long he would keep her away, or if he would ever forgive her enough to let her come back. I knew she loved him, maybe not us so much but my Father I knew there was love there. A love that was strong and there wasn't much he could do to change it. On one hand, I liked that idea, but for my father I think he wasn't willing to love someone who could be so mean and ugly.

I came into the kitchen ready for something to eat before we headed out.

"Good morning beautiful." Evan said kissing my cheek. He was busily cleaning up the kitchen in such a good spirits since my Dad woke up. I helped myself to the food that was already out, pancakes and fruit, orange juice like always.

"What's wrong?" He asked me staring at my sour expression. I clutched my stomach feeling ill all over again.

"I feel like I'm going to puke." I said hoping I wasn't sharing too much information with him. He stepped a little closer staring at me funny. I contemplated if a trip to the bathroom was in order to throw up in peace.

"What do you mean like you want to puke?" He asked in awe.

"I don't know like I'm sick, I felt like this on the way home too. Maybe I caught a bug." I shrugged sitting down feeling dizzy.

"This is not the time." He muttered walking off. I was confused staring off trying to keep my stomach settled. Evan sometimes had a way to really stress about nothing and everything all at once.

"Here." He said throwing something at me, it landed on the table to reveal itself as a pregnancy test. I instantly ran to the bathroom sick from Evan's idiotic behavior and the fear of it was what was wrong with me.

"What are you doing?!" He yelled. I grabbed a wastebasket not feeling like hugging a toilet bowl.

"Please don't come in here or near me." I said through fits of vomiting. There is nothing classy, nice or sweet about upchucking. It was just plain disgusting and I hated it, it felt like death. Well it didn't feel like death anymore but it felt like something similar.

"Eve come out here." Evan said as I lay on the bathroom floor feeling as if I were hit by a semi. I didn't want to face Evan knowing he thought what he thought. I was even more disturbed he had a pregnancy test waiting around. I hoped at least it was for me, and not something, he kept for all sorts of girls. I touched my stomach trying to feel if I felt pregnant, I didn't have the slightest clue about what that would be like, and I never paid any attention to Hannah when she was pregnant because I hated the thought of that happening to myself.

Evan appeared in the doorway with a rather amused look on his face.

"Wow are you being dramatic." He said laughing as he stared down at me.

"Do I look fatter?" I asked.

"Nope." He said coming down to sit on the floor beside me. "It's not the end of the world, are you uh late?"

I sighed trying to recall that womanly stuff; I wasn't one to pay that much attention to when Aunt Flo decided to pay her monthly visit. I tried to run whenever she came around.

"Why would you say it's not the end of the world?" I said looking at him shocked. I had just caught what he said and was even more baffled.