Expected cargo

I slowly came to realize it was going to be too late for Evan to make it to me, as I was scooped up and rushed to a waiting van. I was frightened and nervous. I didn't know what to do or not do.

He tossed me like a sack of potatoes into the back of the van slamming the doors shut with a loud bang. The floor stabbing into my back as I rolled across the floor, as the van I was sure was speeding away.

I sat up trying to brace myself waiting for a calm drive, creeping closer to the front trying to hear any conversation going on. I couldn't make out anything but the Van's noise.

I pressed my face into my knees hoping Evan possibly showed up and caught a glimpse of the getaway vehicle. Anything, it wouldn't take long for my car to be towed and the owner to be notified I thought. I hoped that was how it worked.

The drive seemed to end rather quickly as I slid down to the doors knowing we stopped. A quick racket started outside as the van doors popped open revealing that strange angry man and a guest of sorts.

"You're a piece of trash!" I yelled spitting at Kenny my stomach instantly sick, anger bubbled over as I stared into his eyes. I knew there wasn't much I could say or do to get out of this disaster that was about to take place.

He held his composure well as he yanked me out of the van.

"Let's get her to the truck." Kenny said avoiding my gaze holding tight to my arm as he spoke cool and calm.

"I'm not going anywhere with you, how do you possibly think you're going to get away with any of this Kenny?" I asked feeling Kenny's grip tighten his face growing moodier.

"I've gotten this far haven't I?" He asked me pulling me toward the old pickup; it was obvious he was thinking about every detail, down to the piece of crap truck. I sighed knowing fighting at this moment wasn't my best option. Kenny shoved me roughly toward the door. I climbed in pinned between the two of them my Jacket torn from the crash, and I was freezing. He didn't even have the courtesy to let me grab my gloves from the seat.

"Where we headed?" The mad man asked eyeing me carefully his arm rubbing against mine making me pull away out of disgust, I didn't want to touch him after what he did. What kind of person risked killing his or her self to catch a defenseless young girl? That was obvious someone willing to work for the Grims I thought staring straight ahead.

Kenny fumbled in his seat bumping into me as if he were fighting with something in his jacket; I crossed my arms annoyed at his weird flailing, gasping as he pulled out a rather large gun.

"What are you doing?!" I screamed swatting his arm dropping my head down in a panic. The gunshot tore through the car deafening my ears, instantly I covered my head buzzing from the sound. I was afraid to look up not knowing what I would see.

"Hop out." Kenny ordered me jumping out of the truck. I lifted my head gagging at the sight of the man and his former head that was splattered like spaghetti all over the interior of the truck and me. It had to be the grossest thing that ever happened in my life.

"I cannot believe you would shoot someone with me right next to them!" I screamed wiping my hands on my jacket frozen and nauseous at the same time. I shook uncontrollably. Pacing back and forth as Kenny shoved the man out and down into the creek. Disposing of a dead body was nothing shocking to him, it was as normal as kidnapping people was apparently.

"Its all about the plan, one thing everyone knows is the less witnesses the better." He said climbing in to driver seat giving me a look. He was daring me to try to run. He knew odds of that happening once he showed he wasn't afraid to shoot someone were very slim. I scrambled in the car shoving my hands in my jacket trying not to think of what was inside the car with us, or about my frozen fingers covered in blood and brain matter.

I couldn't believe Kenny was so cruel, or what he really thought he was gaining doing this.

"He's going to kill you." I said out loud. Kenny turned his head looking at me as we started driving.

"He probably will, he can try." He said banging on the vents trying to bring some heat out. It was starting to show he was just as cold as I was.

"He's going to." I said again looking away from him hoping Evan did at this point.

"Just be quiet, if all you want to talk about is Evan then just shut your mouth."

"And where is Ari, does she have any idea what you did?" I asked looking back at him interested in this one. "What you leave her a note? Dearest Ari gone to kidnap Eve don't wait up, love Kenny." I laughed; Kenny grabbed my hair wrapping his hand through it instantly my head jerking forward in a flash.

"Don't test me, don't" He said his face almost touching mine; I stared in his face wondering if he were as much an animal as he seemed.

"You are pathetic, and I'm not afraid of you." I said feeling his breath quicken against my lips.

"You know I don't really care if you are or not." He said letting go.

"Good to know, because the second I am able to I will run or kill you myself." I said moving away from him sliding down in my seat.

"Isn't it sweet, he's probably flipping out right now, trying his hardest to find you? Swearing and all kinds of upset wishing he would have been there for you." Kenny said amused.

"I feel sorry for you Kenny, and I know you're a good guy. It's just sad you can't see that. You really screwed up this time." I shook my head.

You could preach all you wanted to try and change things, words couldn't change the unchangeable. Sometimes all you had was words other times they meant nothing.

I knew there was no hope for Kenny after this; I knew there was nothing I could do to save him. As sad, as it seemed to see two brothers go through this I couldn't do anything. Kenny dug his own grave; he did one thing that was unforgivable. He was being selfish and trying to take from his own brother to benefit. Odds of any of it turning out were less the even slim.

I didn't know if he would ever see that or understand, I didn't really care. He didn't care about me as if he did at one time. He cared about saving himself. When Evan found me, which I knew he would Kenny was going to be sorry he ever considered thinking about himself.