Gems and thieves

Look into the eyes of a thief and you will see their whole soul laid out before you. The thirst and hunger is in their eyes. You can see what they want without knowing it. There is desperation an almost nervous tick. Something they want that will become there's one way or another. Never trust a thief, for what is it would you gain giving your trust to one?

Look into the eyes of a disturbed man and see all there angst and worry that almost wins you over. You almost want to believe that someone so disturbed became that way. That it wasn't because they were disturb but somewhere deep down inside them they were tortured or traumatized. That was why you never looked in their eyes.

You cannot will anyone to be normal, you cannot hope for the best in people. The best usually was the worst and the worst was what happened nine times out of ten.

I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt to numerous people but it wasn't something that I could do safely and without regret. Maybe at one time in my life I might have been able to do that. But not anymore, I had nothing to give to anyone; I didn't want to trust them. They had to prove they deserved that trust. You were lucky if you had my trust now, there were very few who did.

"Now I don't know how long I can stay." I said talking to Gray as I made my way across town in my car. Along with the car came a cell phone. Which stayed in my car at all times. That was the only time I seen fit to use it.

"You can have dinner with us, it will be fun. Too bad you didn't bring Evan." Gray said really sounding disappointed. I smiled thinking back to the days when Gray despised Evan, The day when Evan slammed him into the wall like a bag of potatoes shattering his ego and possibly some vertebrae.

"He's got work to do." I mumbled nearly flying off the road a car honking at me angrily. This was why I didn't like phones I thought to myself as Gray kept on in my ear.

"Look I got to go; I'm around the corner from your house. See you in a few." I sighed snapping the phone shut and tossing it on the seat next to me. I smiled again still rather impressed by the Range rover that I was driving. The car was just beautiful Evan had really gone out of his way with this gift. It was the one time I would gladly accept a lavish gift with no remorse.

I wasn't even planning on stopping by Gray's but he had talked me into it somehow. Dad had told him he would be by and I sort of felt guilted into seeing him. Every time you looked at him, you felt blessed to be doing so. It made me appreciate my Dad in a way I didn't understand but I loved.

I was in better spirits, the talk with Evan about my brother had literally cleansed my body of all the grief and bad feelings I had about Marcus dying, and about Evan's job. One might think I would have been upset, but it all meant that strange things do happen. It made me feel close to my brother again.

I felt less worried about Kenny knowing I had almost a bullet proof vest against Evan's whole family. I almost dared them to step in our way. I was ready I knew Marcus was on my side. He had proven so in so many ways that I wasn't going to give up on him now.

For once it seemed things may not be so bad, maybe a little uncomfortable but not bad. I could handle that I thought hopping out of the car, looking up at Gray's place and how sometimes it was weird not to see our old home anymore.

"You're looking good." My dad said opening the door to me, his enthusiasm bursting at the seams. He kissed my forehead holding on to my arm.