Darla and Clyde

In an instant, so much changes that's always the truth. We sat outside a small town carry out. A million thoughts were pouring through my head. It had been nearly six hours since we even stopped the car. I didn't even need to go in for anything.

There was something about carryout's like these, which made Marcus creep into my mind in a way that I never liked. I didn't like to think of him in the way that these carry outs brought out. So I blew out a breath and leaned against the car with Ari as she filed away at her nails waiting on Kenny to bring her back some sort of food.

We all knew that it was coming time to stop again, and Kenny had stated we were almost out of Maryland completely. Still he had no clue where we would even go. The goal now was to talk with Mark and find out what happened with Carlo. This to me made me want to hurl, if he were dead good riddance. If he were alive, we were in a crap load of trouble. I knew this by the looks on Evan and Kenny's face whenever this was brought up. I chose to keep my mouth shut about it anymore because it just was not something I liked to think about.

It was hard to know how safe we were with me in tow. But we all believed that was what helped us as far as we were already. This led me to believe that everything probably would have not looked like this without me. Another thought I didn't want to think about.

Just as I started to lose, patience an older couple came walking arm and arm out of the carry out, something about them mesmerizing me. I couldn't take my eyes off them. They were like out of a movie, the man had all the traits of an old vintage gangster and the women seemed as if she could have been a classic pinup in her youth. I couldn't shake my interest in them. There bond seemed to radiate to the whole world as they slowly made their wait to an old brown station wagon. I turned my head watching them move, feeling Evan and Kenny approach.

"You want some chips?" Evan said cutting into my trance. I nodded not taking my eyes off them, feeling my feet moving to them.

"Eve!" Evan yelled at me as I kept moving ignoring him.

"What is she doing?" Kenny asked.

The old man opened her door which was obvious just from the look of him what he would have done. She touched his cheek sitting in the car and bringing her gaze to me, her eyes blue and misty like. The wrinkles on her face so soft and delicate she aged so well I thought. Her gray hair almost gleamed it was utterly beautiful. I watched her intently her face turning from a pleasant small smile to a large one as she looked at me. I immediately was pulled to the car.

"Hi, I'm Eve." I said once I was at her window.

"That's a lovely name you don't hear that name that often." She said raising her eyebrow at me with a grin.

"I'm Darla, and this is Clyde. What are you and all your friends doing out this late?"

"I guess we are sort of traveling." I said coming back to reality, feeling a little thrown off at my eagerness to be near this lady.

"Where to?" She asked her eyes following mine every which way I looked.

"I don't know." I said frowning.

"Clyde we got enough room at the house for a couple kids?" She asked him, Clyde looked out her window at me his eyes drawn to me gray and full of life.

"One as beautiful as this one absolutely." He winked at me. Evan came to stand next to me surveying everything that was going on he eased up once he saw the innocent faces peering back at him with glorious expressions.