Delusions

Stepping outside into the night felt lonelier than ever. The world did not care how hurt I felt, or sad. The world kept on going and I felt like a small speck that barely existed. Making my way to the bottom of the steps I sat with a sigh, I didn't even know what to do anymore.

As I peered into the night, I was hit with the biggest shock of my life, my breath escaped me, my knees went weak and I nearly fainted. Words could not explain what my eyes were seeing, and it was almost as if my body was going into shock. I gripped my knees feeling all the blood escape my face, I felt sort of tingly.

I watched the two guys standing on the sidewalk not that far away from our house, standing there chatting. The first one had his back to me but the second one was in plain view for my eyes to see, and my eyes didn't know what to do.

I nearly cried tears welling in my eyes blurring my vision, the darkness didn't make a difference I knew it was him. I raised myself from the steps stumbling down the stairs as if I were drunk. I felt as if my whole nervous system was out of whack and failing.

"Marcus!" I yelled out bringing both the men to stare at me with strange expressions.

"Excuse me?" The blond one said raising his eyebrows at me as I made my way up to them in horrible shock as I stared at a living person that looked exactly like my brother in every way.

"You look just like my brother." I said hoping this guy who admit to me he was, there was no way in the universe there could be someone like him. Let alone another one like him in the same town.

"Uh I don't know what you're talking about, Hi I'm Joey and this is Dedric." Joey extended his hand seeming as if he pitied me.

So called Dedric avoided eye contact with me. I shook his hand feeling my body shaking like a leaf as I stood barefoot on the sidewalk my eyes glued to Dedric.

"You're new in the neighborhood?" Dedric spoke up asking me carefully.

"Sort of, you live here too?"

"Of course." He said his voice even like Marcus'.

"What's your name?" Joey asked me trying to make a conversation where there was not room for one. Everyone was tense and nervous, I was certain they were frightened of me in some sense. How often were you accused in the middle of the night of being someone you weren't?

"I'm Eve, I know this all seems strange and I'm sorry. I'm going to go." I said turning to head back up to the house.

"Yeah it is but could you explain to us who Marcus' is was he a good guy or should Dedric be insulted?" Joey asked a grin spreading across his face.

I stopped at the steps swallowing hard as Dedric let out a goofy grin like my brother.

"He was my brother and he was amazing."

"Was?" Dedric asked eyeing me closer now.

"Yes was, he is dead. But the resemblance is really too much for me. I'm sorry I got to go." I said as Kenny opened up the door looking past me to the guys.

"That's not so bad." Joey said. I didn't look back just headed inside.

"What's the deal, what's the matter?" Kenny asked shutting the door. I paced the floor my heart beating nearly out of my chest; I tried to slow down my breathing it wasn't working. Kenny watched me closely as I became spastic not able to stay still. It was too much, it was unreal and I was unsure if I was losing my mind. Was this part of it all or some sort of bad scheme Carlo cooked up?