My heart

When I was first discovering boys that I was just so dumb, anything with a cute smile and dimples would give me butterflies. When you were young boys knew just what to say to get you to be theirs, and in a week, they were on to the next girl. That was the lovely part of being a kid falling in and out of love was so fast and easy. Almost like a skinned knee.

Now that I was older, my heart was a delicate thing that was ripped from me and stolen by Evan and he held all the cards. He could do whatever it was he wanted and hurt me more than anyone. It wasn't simple, it left you weary and oh so paranoid. Letting someone else in sometimes is a good move, other times it does nothing for you but more harm.

Evan found a way in and it seemed to me I had no control over liking him anymore, he was what I wanted. Even when I was hurt and upset at him, I still wanted him. He had gone against all he was and I still wanted him, the thought of him although it sickened me made me still want him.

The first fight we were in fueled even more emotions toward him, I wanted to hit him and heal him all at the same time. I wanted to tear his clothes off and I guess have my way with him and choke him all at the same time. It didn't matter how irritating his morals were, and how they always seemed to pop up at the wrong times. He was perfectly flawed and so was I.

We fought because we loved and we loved because we fought; there was nothing simpler. I longed for his voice be it yelling at me or otherwise. I knew he would love me and see through it. I take that back I knew a week ago that he would love me, now I was more worried that Carlo had found the one way to keep Evan away from me. Deep down inside myself I believed it was my fault that everything happened the way they did.

If I hadn't gone over to Carlo's that night to be pummeled, we might not be where we were. I remembered lying in his bed at the old place saying how good it would feel to have power. When I sat, back looking at what power could do it was the one thing I no longer wished.

Finally a new day; I saw nothing new about it though, sitting on the couch alone for once. I had plenty of time to go over everything in my mind. I had no close friends; I had no family well besides Gray. So when I was alone I was alone, when I was with Evan that's all I needed. I closed my eyes imagining his face, his eyes deep and always concerned with everything about me. How he touched my face at just the right moments, and how every touch was always so soothing.

I could feel how much he cared from one single touch, I loved how he slept and hogged the bed. I didn't mind when he left his clothes on the floor. His laugh filled me with happy laughter, no matter how hard I tried to avoid him when I was upset when I heard him laugh it was over, and it wasn't a regular laugh, it was his hardcore laughter when something was so funny he became audible. Nothing better than Evan's real laugh.

I always thought beauty was on the outside until I met him and seen how beautiful he was in every way, I was lucky; he was almost perfect in my eyes.

The door rattled and opened keys clinked down on some surface, I rolled my eyes not too concerned. If it were someone I didn't know I wasn't going to put up a fight if they wanted to off me, no time like the present I thought to myself throwing my arm over my face, shielding my eyes from whomever it was.

"Don't get up to fast, don't want you to hurt yourself." Evan said softly sounding as if he was unsure if I was awake. I raised my arm to lay my eyes on him; he pulled his shoes off sitting down at the end of the sofa lifting my feet into his lap.

"I didn't know you were planning on coming back."

"Now why wouldn't I come back to my home?" He said looking stunned, I would say that.