Shine

I was preparing to go see my father outside of a hospital and in good health for once. As good, as that seemed to be it was bittersweet because I knew my Mother was somewhere unhappy. I couldn't figure out why I cared so much about her feelings, maybe I had more of a heart then she. It was hard to put on a happy face for my father when I knew deep down he was aching. Maybe it wasn't a big ache but I knew it was still there, and a piece of him was missing. I knew my Dad loved her, they had a strong bond. He always tried to deal with her ugly side because of all they had shared. Even after all, they had gone through I thought he loved his children more than my mother, so I didn't see her enjoying Christmas.

I wanted the best for my Mother no matter how much I was hurt by her, no matter how much she confused me with her strange ways of loving her children. I never would understand why she expected so much out of her own children. Maybe I didn't even care anymore.

"You look amazing." Evan said taking my hand in his holding it to his chest and looking me over with a big smile on his face. I had caved and decided to wear a red dress I had owned for quite some time. In all that time, I swore I never would put it on. The dress was a vibrant red strapless number with a billowy flowing skirt that stopped just at the knee; I always admired it on the hanger but was afraid it wouldn't be as amazing on me. But something in me believed I could pull it off today.

"Thank you, you're looking as hot as ever." I said touching the collar of his black dress shirt. I fixed his red tie thinking it was funny how well he could pull off anything he wore, be it jogging pants and no shirt to dress clothes. I liked to see him in anything. Evan smiled not to eager to accept my compliments as usual, for some reason he didn't see himself as the gorgeous guy that he was, he never could see what I saw in him. In one way it was adorable a guy that looked like him totally oblivious to what he made a girl do when he walked in a room. On the other hand, it made you crazy for him not to see what was so obvious.

I touched his face feeling the energy radiate between the two of us, smiling as we kissed. Evan undoing my dress the trip to Dad's slowly fading away in the moment. He held onto my face we barely breathed as I tore his tie off tossing it on the floor.

"What are we doing?" He whispered through my aggressive kisses, I pushed him down on the couch not answering him slipping the rest of the way out of my dress.

"Take your pants off, we are celebrating the holiday." I said pulling his belt off in a flash; Evan raised his eyebrows amazed at my quickness. I laughed as he pulled me closer nothing else mattering in the moment when he was touching me, my skin, and mouth all caught up in the moment. Being with him was quite the celebration.

"What do you like best about me?" Evan asked as we lay on the couch underneath a blanket, his arms holding on to me securely. He smoothed my hair continually as we talked. These were my favorite moments the ones where the outside world didn't seem to even exist and all we did was sit and talk.

"Everything." I said automatically.

He sighed laughing. "Seriously if you had to choose one thing you liked about me what would you choose?"

"Your faith." I said laying my head on his chest to listen to his heart race.

"My faith in what?" He asked confused.

"In everything that you believe in, it doesn't matter what it is when you feel something you put everything into it. The good the bad you give it your all. You're a very dedicated guy." I said stroking his chest.