Twisted logic metal

"You know the only time I ever saw you so miserable was when I was no longer around" Marcus told me sitting at the end of the bed. His presence around bedtime was so normal anymore it was welcomed and expected.

He stared at me a grin across his face his wide smile and bright eyes giving the usual amused look.

"That's when things became miserable." I spoke.

"It's hard to think one person could wreck your life that much, kind of sad don't you think?" He asked. I knew that wasn't true, he was so important in my life he would have been offended if I wasn't devastated. I knew that even when he said otherwise. I knew I meant as much to Marcus as he did to me.

"You wouldn't have it any other way and you know that as much as I do. Don't play stupid with me." I said.

"You figured a lot out didn't you?" He said staring at me. "I knew you would."

"I don't know about a lot, just that I am more than I thought I was all this time." I said shrugging.

"Have you ever asked him about me?" Marcus asked running his hand through his hair. Everything seemed so lifelike it was hard to think it was nothing more than my mind creating a dream.

"Why would I ask him about you?" I asked confused.

"Have you ever told him to put himself in your shoes?" He asked avoiding the first question.

I gasped waking up from my sleep, my body tense and I felt overheated. I touched my forehead thinking that maybe I was coming down with something. Maybe it was stress, who knew. I rolled over nudging Evan until he woke up, I knew no matter if it were a dream these dreams happened for reasons. I wasn't going back to sleep without a logical answer.

"Evan!" I exclaimed smacking his arm, he grumbled flipping over to face away from me.

I crawled over him flipping on the lamp in a huff.

"Wake up I need to talk to you, tell me about Marcus." I said shaking him roughly with all my might.

"It's late, can we tomorrow?" He said groggy and out of it, or so I thought.

"So there is something worth saying?"

"I don't know." He said going quiet, I slowly realized he dozed back off and smacked him a good one.

"Eve!' He yelled jumping up. "What are you rambling about, it's late."

"Tell me about Marcus, I want to know what you know." I said staring at him wondering if any of this was going to turn out true.

"He was your brother, seemed like a good enough guy, and you miss him a hell of a lot. Now could I please go back to sleep?" He sighed, his hair crazy sticking up in all the wrong places but nonetheless he was gorgeous.

"You know hearing anything about him is better than nothing at all anymore, so just talk." I rested my head on his chest waiting.

"I went in that carry out all the time, and I got to know him." Evan said his body seeming to grow tenser as he continued.

"You mean you seen him before he died?" I asked in awe.

"Remember I told you I moved here well where I lived before wasn't far from where Marcus' worked. And I went in there a lot, got to know him." He cleared his throat. "We became rather good friends and I'm sorry I never told you that. He was a great guy."