Part 4: Memory loss

Jade's Pov:

It was one week since it happened, one week since he got hit, one week he had been in a coma.I had waited and waited until I got a phonecall from his mother. At that moment I was angry at him for being late, but I didnt know.I didnt know that one week on I would be sat by his side at Londons central accident and emergency, waiting for him to recover.

"He will wake up soon"  The nurse nodded at me.Her skin was old and tired, beads of sweats gathered on her forehead.I smiled,

"Will he be okay?" I asked, I hoped he would make it back to school in the next week. She lightened,

"Of course he will, his right leg is broken and so is his frabula and left carbodanate muscle, he'll be okay on crutches though." She smiled and looked at the paper on my lap.

"Studying?" Her eyebrows raised.

I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, my mum said if she took me here I would have to, "

I sighed as she pulled a five pound note out of her uniform pocket.

"If you get me a decaff coffee with no sugar from the vending machine, you can have the rest for yourself" She winked at me as I finally had an excuse to leave my clammy seat.

Leondre's Pov:

It had been a week since Charlie had been hit and I wasnt even allowed to go and see him.Jade hadnt been in for two days either, she'd been going out with him for a week and a day and she was suddenly treated as royalty.I had been his best mate since forever and I was just dirt on his shoe.

"Cookie?" Taylor asked me as Elliot moved up for Caine and George.

"Fuck, its biscuit we arnt american and no I dont, its had your skatty hands all over it!" I told him as he gave me the dirty look he liked.

I tapped the pound coin against the table for another few moments before I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned around and Courtney was there, her makeup was bleary and her hair was a mess.

She smiled at me and pouted as I turned back round.This is going to be a long day.

Charlie's Pov:

I blinked as the light was coming closer, opening up a new world. For a few moments all I could see was lights and flashes before I could properly feel the pain.

Someone started shouting as I could make out a girl, her hair a glossy brown and her mascara smudged at the edges.

"Charlie, Charlie are you okay?"

The girl was shouting at me, no longer than a metre away.I winced as the lady next to her dug a long needle into my leg.It hurt to move.

"Who a..a.are y.ou?" I asked her, her head cocked to the side and her smile dropped.

"It's me, Jade" Her voice broke and the lady next to her frowned.Jade, it doesnt ring a bell. The name didnt seem to be in my head.

"I don't know a Jade, " I truthfully spoke as she shook her head.

"I'm your girlfriend, look you even wrote me a card"

She picked up an envelope and placed it at my hands.

"No, I..."

"You must remember" There were tears in her eyes, which were a deep green.

"I don't know you" I stared at the stranger and looked at the lady next to her.

"Please tell her to leave, she's giving me a headache" I told the lady, who looked panicked as her eyebrows knitted together.

The girl was crying now, tears ran down her face as she shook vileontly on her feet.

The woman went over to the girl and whispered in her ear, something I couldnt quite makeout.The girl looked up to me and let out a cry again before running through the door.

Jade's Pov:

The ride home was silent and icy.The only noise was the sound of my frequent sobs that choked me now and again.My head hurt from all the crying, but it didnt stop.If I had one word to describe how I was feeling right now I would have no trouble finding it. Defeated.

Hey guys thanks for reading, I know its short but my friend, Jade, wont stop texting me.(Hint hint Jade.) Anyways, comment and vote and i will try to update soon. Ily all. XxxxxxKirsty