Part thirtyfour

Ivys week had been filled with rehersals , today was the last day of rehersals before the opening night. She hadnt really seen Sweetpea much this week due to her hetic schedule of rehersals and sleeping. Betty watches Veronica as she prances along the stage singing the world according to Chris. Once she had finished Ivy and Kevin stood to applaude her.
"Okay Veronica i am obsessed with everything that just happened" Kevin admitted.
"Thank you it helps to be off book and in full costume" Veronica responded. Betty chuckled as she stood behind her in full costume.
"Dont be so modest" she paused before continuing "  youre the literal embodiment of Chris , never has a role been so perfectly typecast"
"Betty" Archie interupted. Veronica signalled for Archie to stop.
"What was that Betty?" Veronica asked
"i mean think about it spoiled rich girl , check. Major daddy issues , check. Bad to the bone trying to control everyone around her including her boyfriend and best friend . Check , check , check. " Betty said.
"Should we step in " Kevin whispered in Ivys ear.
"By the looks of things theres no need" as they watched Veronica head off the stage and out of the hall. Archie didnt follow Veronica out instead he pulled Betty aside . Ivy watched the two having a serious chat at the back seats of the theatre.
"They better get all their shit together " Ivy said rolling her eyes.
"I hope so " he said before standing up from the chair.
"Archie , Betty can you join us on stage were ready to run Tommy and Sues love ballad" Archie nodded before the two walked onto the stage.
🎶 if you could see the way that you look to me i bet youd be amazed at the sight youd see🎶 Archie held his hand out for Betty which she held awkwardly 🎶 youd see a heart thats fearless and true from my point of view oh you shine🎶 the song soon finished ,Betty and Archie looked at each other before Betty walked off the stage and headed to the commom room where she saw Veronica sat at one of the tables packing her stuff into her bag.
" V" she said.
" Betty if youre here to rip into me again , i agree with what you said back there if theres anything playing Chris had illuminated its that ive been a terrible friend"
"I couldnt disagree more v" she said sympathically. Veronica pulled her into a hug. Ivy and Kevin were sat with Cheryl , she saw her Cheryls mother walk towards the three. She told her she couldnt peform in the musical , Ivy was about to say something to Penelope but Cheryl stopped her . Cheryl quickly wiped the single tear that rolled down her cheek . Ivy turnt her head to her and shot her a smile before Cheryl grabbed her bag and headed towards the gym. Ivy and Kevin headed back to the theatre and sat back down in the ring of chairs.
"Due to unfortunate circumstances Cheryl will no longer be playing the role of Carrie . Her understudy Midge will take the part"
"What why?" Toni asked
"Lets just say Penelope Blossom isnt much of a stage mom" Kevin said
"Ivy do you know where she is" she whispered
" in the gym i think" she replied before Toni got up and headed towards the gym. She saw Cheryl sat on the bleachers she sat next to her.
"whats going on Cheryl" she said quietly
"screw the musical i wanted to prove that im still me but maybe at not. Toni even Carrie White could stand up to her mother" Cheryl admitted.
"Cheryl you gotta show your mother whos in charge"
"i dont know if i can anymore im not the same girl who burned down thornhill"
"Sure you are , youre not done playing Carrie , Cheryl , not by a long shot" she gently pressed her lips against Cheryls before they left the gym hand in hand and walked back to the theatre. They sat next to each other in the seats opposite the stage amongst the others who were either watching or waiting for their turn. It was now time for Midge and Alice to reherse the twos main song which was stay here instead. This was another performance that didnt end too well either. Alice had walked off in tears and Betty was following her.
"Am i directing a train wreck? And wheres my tea?" Ivy pulled the cup away from her lips as she realised it was his and put it down on the desk.
"Please tell me were done for the day"
"Yes i dont think i can take it anymore" they both grabbed their notes from the desk and shoved them in their bags.
"see you all at the opening night tommorow" her and Kevin walked out of the school . She hopped in the car . She swung the passenger door open.
"Get in" she said whicn made Kevin get into the passenger seat. She drove him home she saw his dad outside the house about to get into his police car.
"Evening Ivy"
"Evening Mr Keller, ill see you tommrow Kevin" he waved as she pulled out the drive and drove towards the southside. She pulled up at the trailer as she went to enter her phone chimmed.
Sweetpea:
Do you want to stay over?
Ivy:
Im on my way
She quickly ran inside and got her stuff and briefly spoke to Fp before walking to Sweetpeas trailer. She walked straight in. He was sitting on the sofa he turnt his head to look at her . He could see how tired she was . She dropped her bag on the floor before falling next to him .
"Long day " he said as she cuddled up to him.
"Dont even get me started" he kissed her head.
"Weve got to go to a serpent meeting in a few days"
"About what"
"The ghoulies got let out and someone made a deal with Malachi to do a street race" she lifted her head up as she heard the name.
"Hold on Malachi"
"Yeah what about him ? "
"It might not be the same one , has he got curly hair?"
"yeah thats him why?"
"He spoke to me the other day"
"Shit why didnt you tell me?"
"Well i didnt know it was something to do with the serpents"
"You need to tell Fp , tell him when we go to the meeting" she nodded before resting her head back on his chest. He pulled her up and walked her to the bedroom. She got changed and got into her side of the bed. He kissed her before he went to leave the bedroom.
"Where you going?" She mumbled
"Ive got to go sort something ill be back" she nodded before turning back over. He walked to her trailer and knocked on the door.
"Sweetpea what can i do for you?" Fp asked.
"Can i come in?" Sweetpea askes making Fp opening the door wider to let him in.
"Okay so whats this all about?" He asked sitting down .
"Well Malachi spoke to Ivy the other day and she didnt know it was anything to do with the serpents. I just thought i would tell you before the street race"
"That damn Malachi he will be onto her , i need you to look out for her . Just keep watch on her "
"Will do Fp"
"Hopefully after this streetrace we will be done with them , right now we need to focus on keeping her safe i know she can fight but Malachi is dangerous. I know Jughead will be safe as he has brains about him where she seems to not think before she does stuff . Thanks for telling me Sweetpea"
" its okay , ill tell Fangs aswell so he can keep an eye on her aswell"
"Okay , well we will obviously talk about the ghoulies in the meeting"
Sweetpea got up ready to leave . He followed him to the door.
"Sweetpea i mean it thanks for coming here and telling me" Sweetpea nodded before he headed to his trailer.