Part eight

Ivy layed in bed that night and stared at her phone debating wether to ring the number or not . Before she could mentally debate her desicion anymore she already felt herself press call and she pulled the phone to her ear. The phone rang and rang before it went to voicemail . She tried again no answer. She knew her mother was simply ignoring the calls. She slammed the phone down on the bed beside her. Her and her mother was complicated  they fought all the time , everyone rows with there parents but their arguements had a much deeper meaning then everybody thought. They pushed each other further and further away. Her mother came closer to her youngest daughter who was only ten. The more she pushed the more Ivy would retaliate. The reason they began to distance themselves was because her mother had blamed her for her dad leaving the family because of her reckless ways . Their family was falling apart and the blame went to the Girl who hadnt felt love or warmth from her mother in years. Sometimes all the girl wanted was a cuddle from her mother and just to tell her everything is okay . This was one of the things that helped to build Ivys cold exterior and the wall that surrounded her. A single tear fell down the girls cheek before she wiped it away and tried to clear the thoughts of her mother away.
The next morning she got herself ready for school , she sat in silence eating her breakfast not talking to niether her uncle or her cousin. Before she left she took one look back in the morning when she grabbed her jacket fro, her room . She looked at the bags that abruptly sat under her eyes and quickly looked away again and left her room then the trailer. School was somewhere she really didnt want to be today , the crowds of people the teachers the books the work the students everything was annoying her it wouldnt be long till she snapped. She walked straight past the Serpents not even looking at them , she walked straight past Jug and Betty . She kept walking until she got to her locker. She grabbed her books and slammed the metal door shut , she turned to see a tall figure blocking the route she was about to take. He looked down at her. She tried to get past but he pulled her back. Once again she attempted and once again he pulled her back.
"Move out of my fucking way Sweetpea " she said with a slightly raised voice. He tried to grab her arm but she barged past him and carried on. She heard him call her name but he didnt follow her. She walked round the corner at the end of the corridor to see a group of the bulldogs. They turnt to look who came storming round the corner and Reggie walked towards Ivy , he told the bulldogs to leave the group backed away and went towards the gym.
"So Ivy" he trailed off
"What Reggie?" She snapped
"Woah babe , chill"
"Dont you fucking tell me to chill Mantle" anger radiated off her.
"That snake has changed you"
"What" she said glaring at him.
"Since youve been with that serpent youve changed"
"I would say youve changed but no your still an arrogant arsehole with such little to offer " she said winking, refering to a certain part of his body.
" alright babe didnt seem that way last time you would have fucked anything with a pulse but since youve turnt into a serpent slut your opinion has seemed to change"
"What did you just call me" he stepped closer to her.
"You heard serpent slut " he whispered in my ear. He moved back to face me she looked at him briefly before her knuckles hit his nose making blood run from it . She slammed him against the lockers.
"Fuck you Reggie mantle" she shouted before she felt some strong arms pull her away. She struggled in attempt to break from the restraints. She had been taken to a empty classroom until she was released. She turnt to see Sweetpea.
" i had to pull you away you cant get into trouble , not with Mr weatherbee because he will call FP in" he said she listened then turnt around and left before he could grab her. Once he got out of the classroom he saw Mr weatherbee taking her to his office. Reggie walked into the bathroom to sort out his bloody nose. Sweetpea followed him in.
"Mantle" he said making Reggie turn to face the serpent.
"Snake" he replied. Sweetpea pinned the bulldog against the stall doors and reached into his pocket retrieving his switchblade. He flicked the small blade before holding it up to Reggie.
"Your lucky i pulled Ivy away , but if you hurt her , piss her off or upset her ill be back" he put his blade back and pushed him harder against the door before letting him go and leaving the toilets.