Chapter Fifty-Nine

Comincia dall'inizio

"Leave that to me, you and the boys need to get ready" Pan left to the woods and quickly made his way to the Mermaid Lagoon.

Back in the ship. Mara woke up, disoriented, her head felt like it had been cracked open, the sharp pang in her head was tremendous that she winced and moaned in pain. She tried not to move her head, not even an inch. She wanted to reach her head but she couldn't.

She couldn't reach her head, she couldn't move her hands, her wrists were tied against some wood, she didn't realized that she was siting until now. She was tied onto a chair, in sort of a room, a lamp was standing on the table in front of her, there was also a leathery roll laying on the table, she could feel the floor moving like the waves going under a ship.

There was someone hanging across the room, hands over their heads, they were tied by a hook that was on a ceiling and their feet not reaching the floor. He didn't have a cloak or a tunic on. But only a sleeveless under garment. He was unconscious.

"James?" Mara gasped out, it's James, he's the one hanging across the room. "James?!"

He wasn't waking up. Mara tried to shake her wrists, pull them and push them around to get the rope loosen. She even thrashed around on her chair, she pulled her wrists up but the rope was too tight, she let out a small cry in frustration.

"I would save my strength if I were you, ma'am" there was a voice somewhere in the room, a cold and a quiet voice. He was heard getting off his chair and footsteps approaching slowly towards Mara. She had seen his shadow before he came into the light. "I won't need to introduce myself, do I?" Blackbeard showed a little smile.

Mara didn't respond, she felt a rush of fear crawling on her skin, she wouldn't dare to look at the man, she kept her eyes at the front and avoid the man's glance.

"I presume that you won't talk, I understand" Blackbeard walked towards James, when he stepped closer to James, Mara felt her arms tensed while she began to fear for James. "That's why I brought him along" Blackbeard reached for James's face while the boy was still unconscious. Blackbeard's hand grabbed James's cheeks, lifting the boy's head up "Has he ever told you about me? I presume you and James are good friends, James has a kindred heart, doesn't he?"

Mara swallowed, swallowing the urge of wanting to speak, the words were in her throat but were swallowed back down, her hands gripped onto the chair's arms.

"He was a very good loyal servant" Blackbeard stated, he began to shake the boy's head to wake him up before letting go of his face. "So, here's what's going to happen-" James was moaning softly as he was waking up slowly while Blackbeard approached the table, he untied the leather roll before unrolling it and revealed various tools. Tools like how mad men use to torture people. Mara got even more tensed. "You will tell me your name, you will tell me why you're here, why Peter kept you here, what your purpose is... you remain quiet- well, that's a surprise" he smiled. The smile wasn't even a smirk, not even a contemptuous one, but oddly a kind smile. Mara never thought she'd find a kind smile so frightening.

She may knew what will happened if she doesn't answer the questions. James woke up, he was immediately startled to find where he was, and even expressed a panicked look as he began to kick his legs, trying to pull himself up, trying to flail his hands off the hook. Mara wanted to tell him to calm so terribly and it already hurt her to see him so scared.

"Nice to see you again, James" Blackbeard greeted, "I've missed you"

James let out sharp breaths as he expressed a fearful look, Mara could feel the fear rising from the boy.

"So, James-" Blackbeard pulled a small knife from the tool bag and approached the boy. Mara fidgeted as she tensed up more. "Tell me about your dear friend here, what's her name? I am mildly curious"