It's like silence is their way of bidding each other goodbye, words aren't enough to express their heartstrings.

Once Dasom is all set, Joy decided to walk Dasom downstairs since Areum is still sleeping.

It's already a little bright outside, and knowing that there's no time for rest to people like them, streets are already filled with people.

"Goodbye Unnie," Dasom finally said, hugging Joy in the tightest way she can, feeling the older's warm embrace.

"You know where you can find me," Joy said, "See you again,"

"Park Dasom,"

A male's voice made the two break away from the hug, with Dasom's hairs started raising.

He knows that voice too well and Joy is the first one to look to the owner of the voice.

Dasom's Dad.

The aura of Dasom's dad is not different to Joy's father. They are so alike that looking at him made Joy feel uneasy, it's as if she's facing her father, who kicked her out of the house.

But Joy would be lying if she's going to say that she didn't like her Uncle's sight. It is nice to see him, regardless of their situation, the fact that he resembles her Dad made her remember the man who used to be her hero.

The only hero who doesn't need to wear cape.

Immediately, Joy gave the old man a polite bow which the latter awkwardly acknowledged.

It's so cruel though. Does he really have to show her how unwelcomed she is to the family?

"Let's go," Said the old man, giving Dasom a piercing glance. Dasom is indeed scared which Joy sensed quickly.

"Please don't be harsh on her. It was me who told her to come here," said Joy.

"Unnie. . ." Dasom protested but her dad's sharpened glare made her shut her mouth.

"Let's go now," Every words are filled with anger. Even the way the old man talks remind Joy of her father. But this act was the one Joy never got to see. Joy seldom saw her father get angry because he always hide it with smile and sermon.

Even when she was ostracized by them, Joy never got to face her father and saw his enraged state. Perhaps this is how he look like when her Dad is angry.

Scary.

Dasom couldn't move. She's too scared to even step closer to her Dad because for sure, he will flood her with nonstop agitated lectures, which will mostly be filled with unfair reasons and one-sided belief, influenced by his older brother.

"Park Dasom, do you want me to drag you all the way to the car?!" Both girls are shocked when the old man shouted. Even passersby turned their head to the screaming attention Dasom's Dad brought.

"Uncleㅡ" Joy abruptly stopped, thinking that she's not in the right place to call him that, "Ajusshi, you don't have to be like thisㅡ"

She was cut off when the old man grabbed Dasom by the wrist and started to drag her.

Joy was alarmed by the sudden intolerable gesture. It was one of those things Joy could never take. Aside from the fact that it doesn't feel and look good, it's also degrading at some ways.

All she could remember about that gesture is when her and Sungjae argue years ago. It was a painful memory that Joy would like to bury deep.

"Ajusshi!" Joy shouted.

Yes, she shouted.

Joy pulled Dasom away from the old man. She wasn't able to hide the anger she felt, "Don't hurt her!" Her fist balled, she made Dasom hide behind her.

She saw how impatience is taking over the old man's expression, "Sooyoung, please, stop complicating thingsㅡ"

Joy bit her lips.

It's so painful to see. How can parents be so insensitive about their children's feelings like they aren't related at all?

They're parents. They're supposed to be there for them. They're supposed to understand them, stand with them. Love them and not hurt them.

Dasom can see how Joy's shoulders are trembling. "Unnie, I'm sorry. We'll just go," She pat the older's shoulders.

Dasom doesn't want to look at Joy. She might break down, she doesn't want to see her with any expression aside from happiness because that's what Joy must only feel.

She started walking with her father next to her and they're not even three steps away when Joy talked.

"Don't be like my Dad, Uncle." Her voice is shaking. "Don't hurt your daughter,"

Joy's throat is in pain because she's been trying to stop her tears. The two turned around and Dasom's Dad is caught off guard. Dasom felt her heart aching at the sight of her Unnie, in the verge of breaking down.

Joy's eyes darted to the man who just got there and stopped right behind the father and daughter.

Joy must be going crazy.

He's not just the resemblance. Joy is sure of it. He's not a phantasm, he's really there, standing while looking above Joy's head.

He still wear those kind of clothes, the style he believed he looked good the most. He's wearing the shade of his favorite color and his face is just as handsome as Joy could remember.

He noticeably got older, his rough-looking stubbles are visible and his hair already grown strands of gray.

He looked different but he still feels the same.

Her hero.

Her haven.

Her comfort zone.

Appa. . .

He's not even sparing Joy a single glance because his eyes are all glued to the top of her head.

With her heart feeling like it's being destroyed, pounded and crushed, her head turned to where he is looking.

It's like the world stopped spinning.

Do fate hate Joy?

Why is everything seems to go the other way around? Why is everything she built for her own family and hide it in utmost effort suddenly unveiled in a downhill manner?

Is it karma again?

They say love is sweeter than the second time around.

What about Karma?

Do karma slaps harder the second time around?

Standing between the railings infront of their front door is Areum.

Watching them with those pretty but curious eyes.

Hi.

WHAT THE FRACK SUNGJAE IS COMING HERE IN MY COUNTRY FOR FAN MEETING AND I'M A BROKE PIECE OF A POOP.

If only reads in my story can be turned into money. 💔