"Oh, Jiminie your friend's here. Come in, he's upstairs"

"Hello, Mrs. Park"

He greets Jimin's mother as he sped up their stairs into his friend's bedroom. He and Jimin would always play in this house, it was a normal occurence for Jimin's parents.

"Oh! You're here, come with me. I was just about to go out to play"

"But I have to tell you something! My appa is going to kill someone!"

"Psh, rubbish! Don't be silly!"

"No, I heard hi–"

Jimin smiles at him as his friend drags him by his gloved hand and once again going out into the snowy streets.

"Eomma, we'll just play with snow!"

"Okay, come back early, okay? Don't play by the sidewalks its dangerous!"

Jimin's mother calls back as the two little boys ran away, giggling. He slows down as he realized that Jimin deliberately disobeyed his mother and went to where she specifically told them not to.

"Jimin, we aren't allowed to play there!"

"Come on, the snow here is softer! Besides, there aren't much cars yet!"

Jimin balls up snow in his hands from a distance before sneakily hurling it at him, causing for the boy to fall on his butt. He stands to his feet laughing as Jimin ran away from him, he balls up some snow and runs towards his friend, who was hiding behind a tree.

"Aha!"

He tosses the snow ball at Jimin but the latter successfully dodges it, sticking his tongue out at him, taunting him for missing a shot.

"You can't catch me~"

Jimin sings as he ran away from the boy, who was once again balling up snow in his fists. He chases Jimin by the sidewalk, Jimin was fast and he was a few feet away!

He hurls the snowball at the back of Jimin's figure, he hits him in the back as Jimin fell face flat on the snowy ground.

Jimin laughs as snow covered his face the other boy also broke into giggles as he walked towards his friend.

But then, there it was...

Tires screeching.

Jimin screams, running towards a car with a little boy inside.

A loud crash resonated.

**

"Jimin!"

His eyes opened, his pupils dilated in fright. He jolts awake from his bed, sweat running down his neck, it's cold droplets searing his scalding body. His breaths irregular. His nightmare too vivid for his own sanity. He remembers how painful it was to watch his friend's body get flung on the sidewalk.

He remembers how he cradled Jimin's limbs against his body.

He remembers the way Jimin's blood seeped into his wool coat, soaking it in vain.

He remembers seeing a man, he unfortunately recognizes, climb down the truck that shattered a helpless family's vehicle and run away from the gruesome scene.

He knows who he is. He knows he did it for someone.

But who is this someone?

He sighs and falls back on to his mattress, the sunlight's streaks hitting his eyes. A guttural groan escaped his throat as he had to get up for his dinner with his father. He knows his mother was going to call his name in a few—

"Taehyung-ah! Get dressed and come down, you'll be late!"

**

"a criminal's son" —김태형