Chapter 27

Nokia
October 27, 2018
Juilliard School
Afternoon

I stand in front of the school as I watch people leave, getting in their cars or walking home. The fall air graces my skin, making me shiver a little under my jacket.

Loud chatter and the sound of cars fill my ears. New York is a very busy city and it was the middle of the day so it was rush hour. Cars were everywhere trying to get to their destinations.

It was after school and I was waiting for Solána since we had agreed to take the train to the library together.

A couple seconds pass, and I feel someone tap my shoulder. I turn around with a mug on my face. I soften my face when I realize it's Solána.

" Damn you look like you were about to kill me." She takes a step back, with a shook expression on her face.

" My bad. I didn't know who you were." I say, swinging my hands in front of me.

" It's fine. Ready to go?"

" Hell yeah."

* * * *

An hour later we walk into the library ready to work. We walk pass the front desk, and the many shelves of books until we reach the work tables.

We plop down at a table, and begin to get our things out. The man sitting at the end of the table stares us, before looking back down at his paper.

I turn to Solána, so we can start working.

"So...what's first ?" I ask leaning back in my chair, looking at her.

She looks at the criteria sheet for our project before answering.

" Well we have to find 5 different poems about love, analyze them , and then discuss with each other."

" Ok coo, do you want me to go find some poetry books ?" I ask, preparing to get out of my seat.

" Yep." She replies simply.

I get up making my way to the books in the library. I pass many shelves looking for the poetry section.

I notice a librarian stacking books and decide to ask her for help. " Do you know where the poetry section is ? I tuck my hands in my pocket waiting for a response.

The librarian hears my voice and looks up at me.

She looks me up and down with disdain all over her face.

" Yeah, they're in the next row." She says dryly.

" Old bitch." I mumble under my breath.

I find the poetry section and look through the books reading the titles of them. I find a couple on love, and grab them, making my way back to the table.

I reach our table and plop the books down in front of Solána.

" These are what I found." I sit down in front of her grabbing one of the books.

" Ok, thanks." She grabs a book, looking serious as she looks through it. I laugh at her face.

" What, what's so funny ?" She asks innocently.

" Nothing you just looked so serious a minute ago."

" Yeah well I'm trying to work, unlike you." She says with an attitude.