Chapter 25

Nokia
October 26,2017
Lincoln Park

" Yooo... you cheating. You traveling like a motherfucker ." I yell out to Drew. She runs to the hoop throwing the ball in.

    Me, Amber, and Drew were currently at the park playing a game of basketball. We play at least once a week.

" Man shut up. How I travel and I'm still in New York ?" She says scrunching her lips up.

I take a minute to grasp what she says and cringe at her stupidity.

" Nigga what?" I say.

Amber laughs as she goes behind Drew and steals the ball out of her hand. She dribbles it down the court, throwing it in the hoop, and she misses.

I run down the court to retrieve the ball but Amber gets it before anyone can. Just as she's making a shot, I jump up slapping the ball out her hand.

As soon as I get it , Drew comes up sticking defense, trying to knock the ball out my hand. I fake shoot and she looks at the hoop, so I take the opportunity to shoot.

The ball goes in the hoop, gaining me the winning point.

" I won, you niggas suck." I throw the ball to Drew, and go to the bleachers. I grab my water bottle taking a swig of it.

Amber and Drew follow soon after, sitting next to me.

I take a prerolled blunt out my pocket, lighting it up. I inhale from it, slowly exhaling a cloud of smoke.

" Nigga you really brought that shit to the park?" Drew says as she smacks her lip.

" Hell yea nigga, I ain smoked all day." I take another puff of the blunt, holding my breath in a little longer this time.

" You get caught nigga, I don't know you. Mi not know you." Drew says looking all serious.

" Nigga shut up, police barely be through this ghetto ass park." I pass the blunt to Amber who is quick to smoke it.

Today her hair is braided back into cornrows, and she's wearing a windbreaker with gym shorts, and beat up vans.

We're both pretty much dressed the same. Whereas Drew is in loose gym shorts and just her sports bra.

Her slim stomach is on full display for everyone to see. On the side of her stomach she has small tattoo of a diamond , which represents her real name.

" So what's new niggas?" I ask my friends, leaning against the bleachers.

" In art we prepping for the showcase, and we takin a field trip. And me and Calvin going out on a date tomorrow to the movies." Drew says cheesing.

" I feel you, ooo I wanna come. Am I invited?" I tease, poking my lips out.

"Eww nigga hell nah, yo guacamole chin ass ain't coming with me and my boo." Drew says.

Amber starts laughing and I follow soon after.

" Bitch fuck you, nobody wanna come with y'all lame asses anyway."

"Yeah, yeah nigga." Drew takes a puff of the blunt blowing it in my face.

" What's up with you Amber?" I turn my head to Amber with a smirk on my face.

" School alright, we workin on some tracks. And My parents leave this weekend outta town, best believe I'm boutta have me a lil honey dip through that motherfucker." She says as she rubs her hands together.

" Ayyy. That's what I'm talm bout." I give her dap.

" Y'all need to get like me and get y'all own place though. Ain't gotta worry about allat shit." I say.

" Nokia shut yo wack ass up. We ain't got the opportunity to slang dope and make money like you." Drew says.

" You right , you right." I agree not really wanting to talk about my line of work.

I ain't really proud of what I do, but it pays the bills.

" How about you Nokia , anything worth talking about?" I cheese at her question.

" So we just got a new student in my poetry class..." I trail off, geeking.

" Yeah..." Drew says trying to see where I'm getting at.

" It's Solána. She's in my class."

" Yooooo....get the fuck ouut." Drew says slapping me on my back.

" Yeah bruh, she's in my class."

" Now you know you gotta get at her now." Amber says.

" No doubt, no doubt. I actually asked her to work on a project with me today. She's gonna be my partner for a month." I geek.

" That's what's up, get yo baeee."

" Nigga shut up it ain't even like that. One, that would never happen. Two , she has a boyfriend. Three, I ain't tryna commit to nobody and I know she ain't the type of girl to just fuck around. Four, I doubt she even gay." I explain.

" Well damn, I see. That doesn't cancel out how you feel though."

" And how do I feel?" I ask, amused.

" Nigga you like this girl, I ain't tryna hear shit you sayin." Amber speaks up twisting her lips to the side.

I laugh at my friends. They swear up and down I have a crush on Solána when I don't. It was a lot of things that stopped me from liking her ,like the things I told my friends.

Why set myself up for disaster and heartbreak ?

The most me and her could ever be is friends. Which probably was impossible too.

But only time could tell...

Wasssuuppp. This chapter was short as hell but it was just a filler. What do y'all think? Do y'all think she has a crush on Solána?

Peace , let me go write some more. I'm moving till I crash and burn.✌🏾🔥

✌🏾🔥