" Can I get the fried tilapia with okra?" Nyema says, while reading her menu.

" Mhmm, how bout you missy?" She says, smiling over at me.

" Can I have your baked chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans?" I say smiling at her.

" You sure can, and what would you guys like to start off with to drink ?"

We tell her our drinks and she leaves to go make them, leaving us to ourselves.

" So any plans for the weekend ?" I ask everyone.

" Girrrl getting all this overdue homework done. Plus I have a client's hair to do this weekend." Tony says, while sipping her drink.

" Yeah, all I have is project work for art, and I might go visit my family." Rayne answers.

" Well I have a daaateee guys." Nyema speak.

" With who?" We all say at the same time.

" This guy from NYU. He's a basketball player and he's fine as hell." Nyema shows us a picture of him.

" Ooo he is cute, he got any brothers, cousins maybe?" Tony says.

     " Not that I know of." Nyema responds.

   The bell rings signifying someone entering the diner. I see that it's Marcus, and wave him over to our table.

    He comes , and pulls a chair up from the neighboring table since there isn't much room.

      " Hey baby." I lean over giving him a peck on the lips. I lean back, and he grabs ahold of my hands.

    " Hey guys." He waves his big hand at my friends.

   Everyone greets him except for Nyema. She just sits there with a scowl on her face, when just a minute ago she was acting happy. What's with her ?

   Every time Marcus comes around she has an attitude. I don't know why though.

    Marcus was respectful to my friends, and had never done or said anything bad to them. Yet, Nyema had a problem with him.

   The table gets silent and I decide to break the silence by talking to Marcus.

    " How was school ?" I turn my attention to him, waiting for a response.

    " It was good, I got some homework that I'm dreading. Maybe you could do it ?" He smiles at me, wiggling his eyebrow.

     I admire his strong jaw structure and his perfect smile.

    " Ha, you wish. I could help you out with it, not do it for you." I say, compromising with him.

     " That'd be great, baby." He smiles at me again, making me blush.

     " You're so cuute." I say, holding his face in my hand.

      " Not as cute as you though." He counters.

   We lean in for a kiss, and my friends groan. We just laugh them off.

  Life is great.

*                                  *                              *                         *

Later I sat in my bed with all my textbooks out, finishing my homework.

As I'm putting my things away in my bag, I come across the "love journal" , I'd gotten from poetry class.

I clutch the journal to my chest as I recall how Nokia had asked me to work on the project with her. It almost seemed surreal.

She had reentered my life in such a short period of time. It was like a sign from above.

I grabbed the journal deciding to add my first entry.

Entry #1

Love never gets old. . Everyday with a loved one feels like the first day you met. The butterflies never cease to exist. They never fail to make you blush. And you never get sick of their presence. Love renews itself.

Heyyyy. This chapter is kind of bleh, but it was just a filler of Solána with her friends. The love journal will be important in the book. As this story goes on Solána's perception of love will change, especially after she meets Nokia.

What's your perception of love? I'm curious.🌚

🌚