Chapter 12: Fro-yo and Hot Boys

Começar do início

"Come on, Ken." She begged, her voice turning into a whine. "This is going to be the best party of the year, by far. You have to go."

I signed in frustration. "What would I even wear?" I asked as I looked through my closet. Nothing in here was even suitable enough for a party. My closet was filled with jeans, tank tops, and blouses from stores like Forever 21.

I plopped back down on my bed and sluggled into the comforter.

"We can go shopping downtown! There's tons of cute little boutiques there, and I'm sure you could find the perfect dress."

I hesitated before answering. "Ugh, fine." I sigh. I really didn't want to go, but I knew she wouldn't drop the subject unless I agreed. She cheered into the phone.

"We'd better get going then," She stated, "Pick you up at 6."

"Okay, see you then."

"K, bye."

I heard a click on the other line, signaling she had hung up the phone. I shuffled through my closet once again, swiping a pair of bright blue skinny jeans and teal shirt from the hangers. I headed over to the mirror and braided my hair into a fishtail. Then applied pink blush to my cheekbones, added a bright red lipstick, and some mascara.

With that, I blared my iPod and danced around the room, just out of complete randomness. I sang along to Misery Business by Paramore, smiling as I jumped around. I had taken dance lessons when I was little, and I was actually really good. No one had ever seen me dance besides my mother and father.

"Ken, can you turn that down please?" Katherine yelled from downstairs. "Sorry, Kat!" I headed over to my iPod and did as she asked.

As I was turning it off, my cell rang, playing a familiar ring tone. I flipped the cell open, holding the phone to my ear. "Hello?"

"Yeah, it's Lia. I'm outside."

I checked the alarm clock on the dresser next to my bed. Six o'clock already? I thought. I shrugged. "Be down in a sec." I hung up the phone and put it in my pocket, grabbing my purse.

"Kat, Lia and I are going shopping downtown!" I called to her. "Okay, sweetie!" She responded, "Be back by eleven!"

I stopped by the mirror once more before making my way downstairs.

As I swiped my car keys from the counter (well, Spencer's car keys), I noticed him on the couch, making out with his newest girlfriend.

I cringe at the sight and stare longer than I expected too. "What are you looking at?" Spencer asks, pausing as he topples over his girlfriend. I can hear the venom in his voice as he looks at me, wearing an annoyed look.

She'll be gone by next week, I mumble, a smirk on my face. "What was that?" He cocks an eyebrow up at me. His girlfriend, Kourtney, started tugging on his shirt, begging for him to ignore me and continue with her. He shuts her up, a stern look on his face. He looks back at me, waiting for an answer.

I chuckle at the irony of the situation, "Nothing. Bye." With that, the "lovebirds" continue their make-out session, Spencer on top of her as they swap spit. I stick my finger down my throat, pretending to gag, but he doesn't see me.

Even though I'm playing it off, a twinge of jealousy runs through my veins after seeing Spencer with Kourtney. It shouldn't really affect me, since he practically has a new girlfriend every week, but for some reason it hurts.

I put the key in the ignition, hearing the engine roar to life. I back out of the driveway, but as I do, Spencer looks at me through the window. I give him a death glare before turning around, making sure he doesn't see the pain in my expression.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Come on, Ken. Come out."

I sigh heavily before stepping out of the dressing room, modeling for Lia. "Oh, that one's gorgeous." A smile creeps to her face, just as it had for the last twenty-four dresses. We were shopping for Dylan's party, one I wasn't too fond that I was going to, and since we got Lia's dress at Klaere's Boutique, she's piled dress after dress in my arms. At one point, I almost toppled over, but the sales assistant caught me before I had the chance to hit the ground.

I observed myself in the full-length mirror. The dress was long, flowing in a pool around my feet. It was covered in sparkles from head to toe, magenta in color. I wasn't a fan of pink, let alone magenta. I headed back to the dressing room as Lia called, "Kendall, that was a nice dress!" with a whine in her voice. I rolled my eyes before changing into the next one, number twenty-six.

As I stepped out of the room once again, I admired myself in the mirror. I looked beautiful, truly beautiful.

The dress was short in length, creeping mid-thigh, black with a sweetheart neckline, not to mention, it was strapless. I twirled in the mirror. My breasts fit perfectly, snug into the creases holding up the dress, and I noticed I actually had hips. I couldn't help but smile at my reflection. The girl staring back at me was a person I never knew I would discover.

"Kendall, you look...astounding." I looked over at Lia, who was more than speechless.

"You like?" My cheeks were glowing as I gave her another twirl.

"Everyone will be all over you at the party." She winks. I roll my eyes at her response, but continue to smile.

"Not as much as Conner will be all over you," At that, she blushes, shrugging it off. Since meeting Conner at Menchie's, she figured out that he goes to the same school as us, him being a senior.

After admiring me once more, she nods. "This is definitely the dress."