Chapter 23

Nokia
October 26,2017
Julliard School

   The bell rings signifying the end of 2nd hr. I grab my things, before heading out the classroom.

As I'm walking down the halls, I feel a hand pull me back. I turn around being met with Marie.

   It was the girl who I had poetry class with. She'd given me her number a week or two ago, and we had actually start talking.

    She was pretty cool to have as a friend, but she was always so energetic and it was hard to get used to.

I surround myself with chill people and Marie is exactly the opposite. But I fuck with her.

   " Hey Destiny, mind if I walk with you." I cringe at her calling me by my government name and choose to correct her.

     " Please call me Nokia, I prefer it over Destiny." I say with a sketchy look over my face.

   " Ok, ok, no biggie. But how are you today?"

   " Okay, how about you ?" I say as we enter the classroom.

  " Good other than the fact that I have do makeup for a wedding after school, it's gonna be so much work."

   I had discovered that Marie did makeup as a profession and it explained why her face was always beat the Gods. I had never seen her without a full face of makeup to be honest. Must be a lot of work.

We sit together at two desks in the middle of the class.

     " You're good at what you do. I know it's hard but you should take pride in what you do." I advise.

    " Yeah you're right. You're right." She slaps me on my back making me jolt forward in my seat.

   " Omg, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that." She cringes as she rubs my back.

   I scoot my seat away from her as she continues to apologize. " It's ok Marie, it's ok."

    *                             *                                *                     *

A couple minutes after class starts the door opens.

    A person walks in. I don't believe my eyes as I see Solána standing there with a schedule in her hand, looking confused.

She walks up to my teacher and since it's so quiet we can hear their conversation.

     " Are you Ms. Hyde? " She asks.

     "Yes I am, and who are you?" Ms. Hyde looks at her, pulling her glasses up on her face.

     " I'm Solána Rowe, my schedule got changed ,and I'm supposed to be in here." She hands her schedule over to Ms. Hyde.

    " Welcome to the class, you can sit where you'd like. Work on the bell ringer on the board." Ms. Hyde smiles at her handing the schedule back.

    What the hell? I couldn't believe my eyes and ears, was Solána really in my class?

   Who? What? When ? Where? How? And why?

   Was this a sign? A week after we get acquainted she transfers to my class. What are the odds?

  She walks to one of the desks, and she looks up, and we make eye contact.

   I gasp inwardly at the intense eye contact. Her eyes get wide and her mouth opens as if she wants to say something.