Chapter 19

Nokia
After the Party
October 18, 2017

    " Yooo...I wish I woulda seen that shit." Drew laughed.

We all sat in Drew's car as Serena spilled the details of what happened tonight. Right after the ordeal with Marcus I texted my friends telling them I was ready to dip.

We all met up at the car, and I introduced them to Serena since I had brought her along. They seemed to be getting along as she told them what happened between me and Marcus.

I just sat back, not really in the mood to talk. Tonight brought me attention that I didn't want.

I went against my better judgement and decided to come to a party that I knew would bring nothing but trouble.

I felt like an idiot and wished I wouldn't have came.

" Yoo Nokia, are you good. Don't let that shit get to you, dude was a complete jackass." Drew said looking back.

"Right, and you put that nigga right back in his place." Amber said , patting my shoulder.

I just nodded my head causing an awkward silence to come about.

Calvin turned the radio up, to fill in the gaps of silence. Soon enough, my friends started new conversations recalling events at the party.

I myself recalled events from the party , or specifically a person. Solána.

I thought about her smile. The way she would tuck her hair behind her hair every once in awhile. The freckles that lay along her face.

And most importantly, how she contradicted what she was said to be.

People painted her out as superficial, bougie, and this girl who thought she was too good for everyone.

Tonight said just the opposite. I discovered someone who was down to earth and bright.

It baffled me. I'd always labeled her off as the things other people said , but tonight changed my whole perspective on her.

I felt kind of guilty for boxing her into the category of everyone else with high social status. I slapped a whole bunch of labels on her, not even really knowing her.

I knew her from the outside but not from the inside.

  But then again, one night with her couldn't prove anything.

    She could possibly still be what everyone else said she was and I could say, " I told you so," to myself.

   I wanted to find out. I wanted to experience her some more. Find out who she really was, and walk away surprised or disappointed.

   I wouldn't though. I refused to get myself involved with some like her. Someone who was the center of attention. Someone at the beginning and end of everyone's conversation.

    Someone who had everyone's attention.

I stayed to myself and didn't like being in the limelight all it brought was unwanted attention and drama. I stayed in the shadows. Made myself invisible.

    As soon as I surrounded myself with someone who had all the attention look what happened. I get into a fight with their jerk of a boyfriend.

So no I wouldn't get involved with Solána, I'd just have to tuck my curiosity away and move on with my life.

It's not like she wanted to get involved with me anyway.

We were two completely different people. From two different worlds. On two different spectrums.