Chapter 71

Callie's POV

After scouting out around Harry's cottage making sure Steve was out of town again, Logan and I took care of putting more appliances in the kitchen. Thankfully, it wasn't weird between the two of us ever since we did the deed.

"God, I'm starving," I washed my hands in Harry's bathroom sink while Logan wiped his wet hands on the towel hanging on the rack beside me.

"You want to go get something to eat?" He asked as my stomach growled.

"Yeah, that sounds great! Let's go get some Mexican food," I suggested while I wiped my wet hands on my jean shorts and took my hair down from my pony tail.

"Show me the way," he walked out of the bathroom and I followed behind him, picking up things that were lying on the living room floor from being scattered around as we finally pulled the oven and stove in a few days ago, and the new microwave I bought at Home Depot. A counter top was coming in tomorrow as well as Harry's new refrigerator with a pullout freezer on the bottom half.

We both tiredly sat into Logan's truck after our long few weeks of tidying up the house with projects I planned and I told him the way to El Corazón.

When we were seated into the restaurant, I layed out the timeline of our future tasks and deadlines I had scheduled.

"So tomorrow I know you're working, but I'm going to be there while Home Depot has someone deliver and install the refrigerator and, then, the next day someone's coming over to install the new cabinets and counter top. I'm not sure if I want to put a backsplash in yet. I think that might be too much for this house, you know? Wait, why are you laughing?" I scrunched in my eye brows and became increasingly confused as to why he was chuckling.

"You're adorable. It's nothing," he shook his head and reached for his water.

"Logan, I'm trying to be serious. I leave in three weeks and I'm all the way in freaking New York! I need this done!" I whined as playfully as I could.

"We'll have it done in two, Callie."

"I hope so," I felt my chest tighten as my eyes locked with Harrison and Charles being seated at the table next to us. "Shit," I cursed under my breath and tried to keep my head low.

"Callie!" Harrison beamed.

"Harrison! How are you?" I showcased a fake smile and positive attitude.

"I've been better. God, I haven't seen you since Prom," he smiled and it soon faded when he realized what Charles had most likely told him.

"Yeah. I've been making myself busy with friends," I pointed to Logan as he smiled.

"Hi, I'm Logan," my friend with benefits stood from his chair and held his hand out for Harrison to shake.

"Yeah, I know. I've heard stuff about you," Harrison raised his groomed eyebrow and then looked back at me. "We should eat together. Don't you think, Charles?"

Everyone stared at Charles and I watched him panic internally, "Ugh, I don't know if that's the best id-."

"We totally should! Come sit with us!" I pulled my purse next to the seat Charles was occupying grumpily.

Harrison sat next to me and I watched Charles painfully roll his eyes at his boyfriend when he sat down. He noticed me and turned red knowing I had caught him.

"So, what are you guys doing here?" I was the first to strike a conversation.

"Just hanging out really," Charles forced a smile and kept away from my eyes.