Chapter 16

We only had two days left during the holiday here in Michigan that we've been on. So far, I learned how to ski with the help of Harry. Barely. I went on a very unsuccessful shopping trip with the girls. In which, I window shopped while I held all of their bags. I had finished two books. SCORE! And I found out Harry was into me and he didn't hate me. But I still think he hates me just a bit.

"Callie," Vincent called from the sundeck. I followed after the voice and sat in the chair in front of him as he stared out at the ski lift.

"Yeah?" I questioned pulling the throw blanket over my sweatpant covered legs.

"Are you and Harry together now?" he asked solemnly.

"Ummm...why do you ask?" I avoided the question.

"You two have been inseparable this week. It was just an observation," he smirked. "And by the way you're acting, I'm guessing something intense happened."

I withdrew my eyes from his and stared out to the ski lift. What on my face gave it away? I always thought I could hide things well from people.

"Nothing happened," I squinted my eyes from the glare of the snow...or maybe it was the fact I was lying. Maybe I am a bad liar.

"Nothing like he kissed you or you had a quickie in the bathroom up at the lodge," he smirked.

I was appalled! How dare he say something like that! "We did not have a quickie!" I yelled becoming angry. "And for your information I wasn't into you that night at the party!" I erupted hot and ready to destroy him.

"Seems like you were to me." He was such an ignorant piece of shit!

"No, I wasn't. Maybe if you weren't so full of yourself you'd have seen it, Vincent."

"Maybe if you weren't too busy feeling up my chest I would have," he stood up and smirked at me.

"I WAS NOT!" I gasped standing up before him.

The screendoor opened and an angry Harry came through.

"VINCENT, LEAVE CALLIE ALONE!" Harry pushed his shoulders.

"Oh! So there is something going on between you two," he chuckled looking me over.

"There's nothing going on, Vincent. Now just go!" I yelled out.

"Nah, let's prevoke Harry some more," he smirked.

"I'm serious Vincent," Harry warned his older brother.

"I'm serious, Vincent," Vincent mocked in a girly tone pushing Harry over the edge. "I'm serious, Vincent. Why was Callie all over you? Why did she want to have sex with you and not me?" he continued. I watched Harry start to tremble. No, no, no...

He launched forward onto Vincent and they both tumbled to the ground. Harry started throwing punches to his brother just like that night at Vince's party. I wasn't going to make the mistake this time getting into it though.

"JAMES!" I screamed for help. "JAMES! ALARIC!"

A few seconds later the two men pulled the boys off of each other. Harry was as angry as I'd ever seen him. I was sitting on the couch shaking. What had I caused? I knew my eyes were as big as the fists that Harry had pounded Vincent in the face with multiple times.

I finally got a look at Vincent as Alaric pulled him into the house. Vincent's face was bloodied beyond what I've seen Harry do to him the last time this occurred. But Harry's face didn't have a scratch, only his fists were a little torn up.

"HARRY! This is our vacation son! You don't do this on a holiday! It's Christmas season boy!" James reprimanded his son.

"He was patronizing Callie," Harry growled and pushed James off him.