Chapter 37: Part 1

The four of us piled into the super nice car once we got downstairs and headed to the party or wherever Harry was taking us. Knowing him it had to be a party. Harry loves parties. Any type of party. If it had booze at it, all the more reason for him to go. I wondered what would happen at this party. Would Harry get drunk on my birthday? Would I have to sleep on the couch because I don't want to be in the same room as his drunken self? Please, please let tonight be an easy night.

We pulled up to this building and people with cameras were everywhere. Paparazzi? Wow, I've never even seen people like that before. I knew paparazzi existed, but I never even guessed they would be trying to take pictures of me. Like why? I'm just a girl from Florida. I love food and writing. I'm the most boring person on the planet. Harry held out his hand for me as I exited the vehicle and we walked up the stairs of the building along the red carpet. Paparazzi were continually flashing there cameras and I walked along with Harry.

"Why are we here?" I mumbled into Harry's neck as I leaned into him. 

"It's a party," he smiled down at me with his sage eyes.

"For who?" 

"I don't really know. I think someone just felt like throwing a party. I heard there's karaoke," Harry giggled.

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes at him and smiled as we walked into the building. As we entered the main part with Charles and Daph behind us I searched the crowds of people. That's when I started recognizing faces. Alicia Keys. Sharon Osbourne and Kelley Osbourne. Selena Gomez. Jennifer Aniston. How the hell am I at a party with A-List celebrities?! "Harry?"

"Welcome to New York City," Harry whispered in my ear and we sat down at a table that had our names on pieces of paper before our plates.

      Callie Steele

~Guest of Harry Styles~

A loud singing voice interrupted the room and I looked to the stage to see Bradley Cooper from The Hangover singing on stage to Nickelback's song Rockstar.

"Holy shit, you're serious they have karaoke!" I laughed as I sat down in the chair I was assigned next to Harry and Daphne with Charles on the other side of her. 

"Charles who else is sitting at our table?" Daphne leaned over to her brother. 

"Emma Watson and her guests," Charles sighed like it was no big deal. 

"EMMA WATSON!" I squealed and looked around the room. 

"Callie," Harry laughed and leaned into me and whispered in my ear. "Stay calm and pretend your just as famous as they are. They are people too remember that."

"She's Hermione Granger, Harry!" I rolled my eyes. "That was the best book series I've ever read. It's quite different than the movies. Did you know that Harry Potter in the book had..." I continued babbling on as Harry pretended to listen to me. 

"Let's get you a drink, Callie," Harry smiled after we had a full blown conversation about whether he'd be in Gryffindor or Slytherin. We both decided after about an hour discussing possibilities that we both would be put in Griffindor. 

He grabbed my elbow as we made our way through celebrities and to the bar. "Scotch and a glass of water."

"Harry you are too young," I eyed him.

"It doesn't matter at parties like this," he spoke quietly to me. 

"Please..." I pouted.

He rolled his eyes and clenched his jaw as he told the bartender to make him another water as well.