Chapter 5

"Cal! Alex!" Alaric called from down the hall waking us up.

"WHAT?!" Alex groaned. "It's seven in the morning!"

"The Styles' are here. We're going on our Sunday morning run!" Alaric came to our door.

I sat up in my bed and tried to tame the mess that was upon my head. "Give me like ten minutes," I groaned and plopped my head on the pillow again.

"I'll go next week," Alex murmured, which meant she wouldn't ever go. "Plus I have to get ready for work in two hours."

"Cal you coming?" he asked.

"Mhmm," I made the noise into my pillow.

"You have literally ten minutes. If you're not downstairs by then we're going to go without you," he told me. After a second of letting my mind wake up, I shot out of bed and combed my hair pulling it into a bun on top of my head. I shrugged off my nightie and pulled on some leggings and a sweat shirt. My tennis shoes were downstairs from the run I did the other night when I had to get out of this house.

The wooden steps creaked as I walked down and I found myself face to face with Alaric's friends.

"Callie!" James exclaimed pulling me into a hug. I smiled and hugged him back.

"Hey!" I spoke. I hurried past them and to the door where my tennis shoes were at. I laced them up and finally jumped up to get a look of all the brothers. They all wore sweats and lightweight sweaters for the autumn chill. But a brother was missing, and I should have guessed. It was Harry.

"Where's Alex?" Alaric mumbled, coming to my side.

"She's sleeping. She has work in a few hours. So remember to take her," I scolded him. He had forgotten to pick me up once again this week at Minnie's and Minnie's boyfriend had to take me home.

"What would I do without you, Calz," he laughed mocking me.

"I honestly don't know," I smiled.

"Alright, we ready?" James spoke pulling Alaric to him in a headlock.

"Yeah, let's go," Alaric spoke weakly.

The six of us ran out the door and down the driveway towards the main road. The five of them jogged in front of me. Their long legs carried them farther down the road leaving me a bit behind. I had to run harder and faster just to keep up with them. We neared the road where all the shops were located. The wind froze my cheeks with every gush it gave.

"Let's grab a bite to eat at the diner," Vincent spoke slowing down. "I'll call Harry to close the shop and come eat with us."

"Ok son," James nodded his head as he ducked into the small town diner. It was the only restaurant located in Turner. I hadn't eaten here before, but Alaric brought home his favorite apple pie at least twice last week.

"How'd you like that?" Charles spoke elbowing me in the side. My breath was heavy and I wanted to just take a nap.

"Y'all are fast. But I still kept up," I rested my hands on my hips. Charles held the door open for me and I thanked him. The boys already claimed a table in the far corner for our large group.

"You look a little winded and rosy-cheeked," Ian said sitting across from me in the booth.

"I'm not used to this wind here and going at others' paces," I muttered slipping my hair out of the bun on top of my head to let the soft waves fall to the sides of my face.

"What would you like to eat?" the waitress asked me and only me. A little confused and bewildered I slid my hand through my hair. Vincent brought Harry in and my eyes fell on the curly headed boy. I hadn't even spoken to him since the cafeteria accident. His eyes locked on mine and I quickly looked away and to the menu sitting in front of me. Vincent slid in next to me locking me to the wall of the booth. Harry sat just on the other side of him, thankfully. "Ma'am?"