Chapter 29

"Who the hell was that?" I blurted. I noticed Daphne look over towards her brother and she answered for him.

"Callie...that's Harry's and I's biological father..."  

"What? Your father?" I looked at the two of them. Harry was looking at Daphne like he wished she would have said anything else in the world but that. 

"Yes Callie, that's our god awful father," Daphne mumbled in her thick accent.

"But he..." I wanted to come up with a reason for him to not be related to the two of them, but he was their father and there was nothing I could do about that. "I've met him before haven't I?" I looked across to Harry and his scrunched up face gave it away. "I knew it! Why couldn't you have just told me that?! It's not a big deal!"

"IT IS A BIG DEAL!" he boomed over me and jumped up off the couch, running his fingers through his messy curls. I countered back and I couldn't help but let my chin quiver. "Callie," Harry sighed realizing how thrown out of proportion this was getting. 

"You should go talk to her upstairs..." Daphne grabbed Harry's elbow and gave it a squeeze before exitting the room.

Harry helped me stand up and then I followed after him up to his bedroom. The room was just like we left it this weekend, clean and orderly, not like the mess he made it the other night. "Come sit," Harry pulled my elbow to the bench in front of the piano. I sat down and he rested next to me as he talked.

"I don't talk about him because he's not a part of my life anymore. At one time he was when I was younger. Now...he's nothing more than a piece of trash. I hate him, Callie. I really do." His deep sage eyes stared into me and I found myself wanting to reach out to him and cradle his sad face into my body, telling him it was all going to be alright, he would never have to see the man again. 

"I didn't want him to be apart of knowing you. I wasn't going to let him ruin what I have with you. If anyone's going to ruin this, it will be me. I won't let it be anyone else. I've told you this numerous times Calz, you have to know how much I like you and you're going to have to trust that thought. I want what we have to last. I'm sick of people leaving me and telling me I'm trouble. Ever since I met you I've felt different. It's like a part of me has a purpose. And I've honestly never felt it before. I didn't know what it was I was feeling, and then it started to grow over time and eventually I couldn't let myself stay away from you. I may be selfish but I can't ever get enough of being around you, Callie Steele."

"Why didn't you just tell me, Harry?" I grabbed his hand whether he liked it or not. I felt it stiffen underneath mine then loosen as I rubbed little circles in his palm.

"I didn't think you would get it," he dropped his head like a child in defeat.

"Oh Harry," I let go of his hand and the tears started to accumulate in my eyes again. He thought so badly of himself and it made me sick to my stomach that he did so. He was the epitome of beautiful, he just didn't see it in himself. I grabbed his face in my palms and made it so he looked into me. "You are so complicated! But I can't stay away from you either...No matter what...I'm here...with you." 

"I don't like seeing you cry."

"I don't like you beating yourself up like this. I will never judge you, Harry. No matter what you say to yourself or you think, you are an amazing guy. You're incredible really."

"Callie," Harry shook his head and removed my hands from his cheeks. "You think too highly of me." 

"No I don't, I just see what you're blinded to!" 

A knock came on the door and James cracked it open. "Steven's still here. I don't know where he went."

"I'll call Alaric and tell him Callie should stay over," Harry turned and his face fell into a defensive state.