Chapter 8

"Callie if Harry bothers you today just text me and I'll get it sorted out with him," Alaric said as he took me and Alex to school.

"It's fine Alaric..." I said as I stumbled out of the passenger side.

"Kristen! Wait up!" Alex yelled running over to one of her friends. I followed behind like a little puppy.

"You're Callie right?" Kristen stated more than asked.

"Yeah," I nodded and scanned the crowd off people leaning on their cars or their friends cars.

"You know you should hang out with us this weekend. We're going to the town over. I think you'll like it there," Kristen smirked at me. Her thick black mane of hair fell down her shoulders and just past her chest. Her skin was as flawless as I'd ever seen. The first few days I had been here I knew she was one of the Queen Bee's.

"Alright," I smiled warmly. The crowds of people were fading now and only small groups were still formed. A familiar black SUV swerved right in front of us and into a spot. Harry's long black skinny jeans and converse climbed out of the front seat. His vintage band tee formed beautifully into his chest.

Our eyes met for a second and I had to duck away from the hostility and disgust he held in his features towards me. My mouth fell open and I took a calming breath. I hated him so much.

"What's with you and Styles?" Kristen asked and I looked up again to see a smirk planted on his heart shaped lips. He heard... thats just what he wanted: a reaction out of me. He wanted to prove that he hurt me. That little shit... Well he got it! He got what he wanted.

His long legs strided down the blacktop and into the building. I noticed the stares girls gave him and he just acted like they weren't gaping at his beauty. His shoulders back and strong. His ego was definitely bigger than I first thought.

"Nothing. He sits in front of me in literature," I shook my head pulling at the hem of my sweater.

"Well it sure looks a lot like more than he just sits in front of you in literature. But if you're interested in him, he only does one times. He'll take you on a date to a dinner at the town over and he'll fuck you're brains out wherever he can get it," Kristen smirked at me.

My mouth dropped. Literally fell open to catch flies. I never imagined Harry to be that guy, but it made sense now. His dark attitude towards me. I was just part of a game. He didn't do friends. He did one night stands. So I couldn't be his friend. He doesn't know how to have friends. Everything is just a challenge to him...

"I wasn't interested, " I stammered trying to find words.

"Key word Callie...you said wasn't, " Alex smiled at me joining in with Kristen.

"I'm not interested. He's an ass," I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"You should be!" Kristen gaped. "He's the only high school guy that's made me orgasm multiple times in one night."

"Oh my god!" Alex encouraged Kristen. I scoffed and let the two continue their sex talk before I walked into the building into Chemistry.

I always figured Alex wasn't a virgin, but some of the things I heard her say to Kristen blew my mind. Like how many guys she's been with: 12. And that's only from Junior year last year when she lived in Jersey.

It made me wonder if I was behind the ball. I had never slept with a guy much less had a boyfriend. The only thing I'd ever so much as done was make-out or kiss. If you could even call it that in Freshman year.

"What's up Callie bear?!" Logan exclaimed as I walked into the room and sat on the stool next him.

"Nothing," I sighed plopping my science book on my desk.

"Well anyways. Alex and I are going a town over with some friends tomorrow night. Wanna join?" he smirked at me and pulled my hand out playing with my fingers. I was taken aback by his abrupt movement and floundered to answer him.

"Um I think Kristen invited me earlier," I spoke still confused and staring at our hands.

"Oh did she? Well we're all gonna get so messed up at my buddy's lake house. It's supposed to be this huge ass party," Logan went on. I found myself drowning him out and thinking about how Harry had behaved in the parking lot.

If this was just some sort of game to him, I wasn't going to play along. It wasn't fun and I didn't appreciate the rules. Maybe I should hurt him as badly as he's hurt me. Hmm...

***

I knew literature was going to be stressful so I got their just as the bell rang. Going to my seat, I realized Harry wasn't there. He wasn't here at all. He confused me. One second he was saying he was protective over me and then the next he was saying how he didn't want to be my friend.

The bell rang and I mustered out the building to find Alaric and his black Range Rover. Alex was nowhere to be seen so I expected she was with Kristen or Logan.

"Was Harry at school today?" Alaric asked.

I looked for his car and I never dropped my eyes on it. Maybe he left school early. Or he was avoiding me...

"He was here this morning but he wasn't in class," I mumbled playing with my bracelets. Alaric always asked me about only Harry. Why didn't he ever ask me about the other three of his siblings that I went to school with?

"He must have ditched," Alaric sighed. He looked a lot older today like he was tired. His usual bright brown eyes were bloodshot and droopy. Work must have been stressful today.

"Alex and I were invited to a party this weekend," I muttered as he pulled into the traffic exiting the school.

"You gonna go?" he asked looking over at me.

"Yeah I think I will."

"Good. It's about time you get out of the house," he smirked.

"You need to get out of the house! Let loose a little bit!" I laughed letting a shimmy escape my shoulders.

"Oh please!" he shook it off. "I have plenty of fun!"

"When was the last time you hung out with friends...besides James and his family!"

He struggled for a second and then the day dawned on him. "You're right I need to get out of the house." He laughed and we both joked around all the way to his house.