Chapter 33

Do you ever get that sense that someone's watching you?

I jumped up in my bed as my alarm began beeping. I felt like a thousand sumo wrestlers had sat on me all night. My whole body ached and I just wanted to curl up in bed and never get out. My protector, the bear Harry gave me last night, was still in my arms. The fur on him kept my arms warm and I silently wished it was Harry's body heat keeping me warm instead.

I stood up off my bed and walked slowly to my bathroom to clean myself up. I looked in the mirror above my sink and my face was all puffy and pale from crying last night. I looked completely hideous. My hair was matted down in the back and the soft waves were all kinked up and going this way and that. I winced as my fingers pulled the bandage from my forehead. The little stitches made me look even worse. I washed my face avoiding the small lines where it would be tender and then replaced the bandage with a new one. Thankfully it would be healed up in a few weeks. I then lifted my night shirt and pulled the bandage from my left side. It had leaked fluid last night and the bandage was completely soaked. Disgusting. I put some cream on it they had given me to keep it sealed and then replaced the gauze on my side. I pulled my hair into a top knot on top of my head and tied it up.

My feet slowly padded through the hallway back to my room and on my bed sat a little note with my private book. Harry? 

I looked around the room, but he was no where to be seen. All that layed there was my book, a note, and my teddy bear facing me. I ran to the book and quickly hid it like I should have done in the first place. I grabbed the teddy bear and lifted it up to hold in my arms. It had his scent on it. I could smell him lingering in the room moments ago...He was just here...

I lifted the note and it read one simple line.

Don't write in this book anymore. ~H

I crumpled the paper up in my hand and quickly threw it in the trash bin. I can write in a book if I want  to write in a book. He can't tell me what to do. I'm my own person. He doesn't control everything I do. We won't have that kind of relationship. No we will not.

"CALLIE!" Alaric yelled from downstairs, probably getting me to come to breakfast. I pulled some shorts on and headed towards the stairs still with Teddy in my arms. Teddy? Teddy, I smiled to myself. 

"Good morning," Minnie smiled at me as she rounded the corner to the dining room the same time I did. At the table sat Alex, Alaric, and my mom. 

"Morning," I spoke as everyone's eyes darted to my teddy bear. I quickly hid it behind me and Alaric was the first to call me out on it.

"Hmm. Nice bear..." he smirked hiding his humor behind his words. 

"Ric," Minnie laughed as I covered my face blushing.

"Harry gave it to her," Alex mocked me as she put a pancake on my plate.

"Shut up," I was bright red. 

"Harry's performing Monday night at the lounge and he want's all of us to come," Ric smiled. "Even you Minnie!" He chuckled and she swatted his arm. 

"Really?" my mom gasped as she grabbed her glass of milk.

"What does he do? Play the piano?" Alex made fun of my lost boy.

"No he sings in his band," Ric bugged his eyes out at her. 

"He's quite good," I smiled. "He has a really nice voice. Mom, you'll love it." 

"That boy is just talented in every way isn't he. You sure caught a good one Callie bear," Mom gave me a wink. If only she knew the crap I have to deal with because of him.