Chapter 65

Callie's POV

During photoshoot time with Alaric and Minnie, my eyes wandered to Harry and his family next to us. They looked so happy together and completely unbothered by the fact that I was next to them, while I was loathing having to spend the rest of the evening with them and the rest of this class at my house.

"Harry come over here, get a picture with me!" Alaric asked my ex.

"Nah, I'm ok," Harry shook his head.

"We're going to get a picture if it kills me," Alaric rough housed with Harry and Minnie snapped a shot of Alaric and him as they finally stood up tall.

"Back at my house yeah?" Ric ran his fingers through Harry's disheveled waves and I laughed to myself looking at how long his hair had become.

"Yeah if you quit doing that," Harry shoved Alaric and then cracked a smile.

"Alright see you guys soon," Ric waved at James and his family. I couldn't believe he could be so friendly to them after everything they put me through. Each one of them had misguided me into a relationship with Harry and they knew it was going to end up like this, but they let me take the bait and they let me fall on my face. They even helped me fall on my face.

When we got home, there were already cars pulling into the driveway and our lawn. Great, this night was going to be a disaster. Maybe if I just go to my room no one would realize I was even there.

Logan drove Alex home from the school and his red pick up truck parked underneath my favorite tree, the one with the tire swing. I let out a breath as he missed the tire swing by a few feet when he drove across the grass with his big truck. That's where I'll go, I don't need to be hidden in my room. I'll wait til everyone arrives and I'll sneak away to the tire swing.

"Good afternoon Ms. Steele," Ms. Meyer showed up behind me as I walked into my house.

"Hey," I gave her an awkward hug.

"How does it feel to be a college kid?" she smiled as we went into the kitchen together, her flanking at my side.

"It doesn't really feel like I am yet," I chuckled and dipped a tortilla chip into some salsa.

"Wait til you get to that campus in the fall. You're going to love it so much. You know I went to NYU," she smiled and copied my action by diping a chip into the dip.

"Really?" I bugged my eyes out surpirsed and intrigued.

"Yep, best six years of my life," she chuckled.

"Six years?" I frowned confused. It usually only took four years to get a degree.

"I changed majors so often. I had no clue what I wanted to do with my life."

"That's where I stand right about now. I mean I like writing and literature, but I have no clue how I would make a career out of it and support myself."

"You were in the same boat as me. I loved being able to fill my thoughts on pages and correctly decipher what was going on in a thick piece of literature. But you are much smarter than me and a much better writer," she smirked. "NYU called me and told me how excited they were to have you. They asked me to mention to you they want you to intern with one of the professors. It so happens to be that I'm going to be a professor there in the fall and spring."

"NO WAY!" I grabbed her elbow excitedly. "Ms. Meyer! I can't believe it! Congratulations! I had no idea you were looking for a job like that!"

"They called and asked me. I certainly couldn't say no!" she laughed with me.