Chapter 58

"Wakey, wakey," Harry tickled my nose so my hand shot straight to my face.

"Where've you been?" I sat up and noticed the unfamiliar pain and ache in my muscles down there.

"I went on a run this morning," he smiled as he took off his shirt and replaced it with one that wasn't covered in sweat.

"Doesn't it defeat the purpose of putting on a clean shirt when you're still sweaty?" I looked at him as I cuddled into the pillow more.

"Well, yes," he eyed me and smiled before throwing the sweaty shirt on me.

"Ok ew," I jerked it off me in a rush.

"We have to get going. Ric is going to be wondering where you are. Alex is probably going to be getting home soon and I have to get back to my place before my family starts suspecting something from me," he spoke in a rush and I found myself feeling panicky, not relaxed like I was seconds beforehand.

"You're family is never suspicious of you, Harry," I rolled my eyes being sarcastic and I got up from his bed that I lost my v-card in.

"Yeah, you could say that again," he chuckled and walked over to me to kiss my forehead.

"I had a good night last night," I wrapped my arms around him feeling a bit lovey dovey at the moment still stuck in my trance from last night.

"I did too. Don't ever forget that," he grabbed my cheeks and then kissed my lips, lasting a moment longer than normally socially acceptable. "Get your dress and we can go to the car."

"Ok," I smiled and picked up the yellow fabric still on the floor from last night. Harry had already placed my shoes in the backseat floorboard of the car. He was always thinking of the things I wasn't thinking of, the little details.

"You can nap on the way back if you'd like, I know I woke you up early," Harry grabbed my hand and I looked at the clock on the dashboard. 7:12. It was at least an hour drive back home, I could catch some sleep. I curled into the seat and my phone began ringing.

Stefan? Why was he calling me?

"Hello?" I answered hoping it was good news about my other brother Mike.

"Hey. Where are you?" he asked and I looked over at Harry who was frowning as he pulled onto the never ending highway.

"I'm with Harry. We just woke up," I gave out a little detail to set up a defense for my relationship.

"Wow. Alaric lets you two spend the night together?" his voice became fatherly and protective.

I stayed quiet on the line and I could hear him breathing heavily. What's his problem? Him, Mike, and Harry got in one fight and it's like the end of the world. I'm able to tolerate his minion of a fiancé, so why can't he be nice to mine?

"We went running actually. I just wanted to see how you would react."

Lies.

He scoffed and then spoke to me, "Callie you do realize you chose someone over your own flesh and blood this past spring break? Mom hasn't been able to go into your room since the incident. You may have been able to flee from the problem, but I, I have to live with it every single day. Sometimes I have to get mom out of the bed myself. Have you called once to see how dad was doing? What about my fiancé? Have you ever tried to establish a relationship with her?"

"Don't even throw her into this. She's not part of this family. She doesn't even acknowledge my presence on Christmas, why should I pretend to have a fake ass relationship with my brother's silicone filled-," I began on a tantrum.