Chapter 32

Harry put it down...PLEASE!...Oh god...HARRY STOP IT! PUT IT DOWN!

I just stood there and screamed at him, but only in my imagination were the words coming out, instead my body was standing behind him in complete shock, no breathing or moving. Only stillness. Page after page he turned. I don't even know if he had time to read every page he flipped through but it went by so slow. Each turned page like a agonizing pierce through my heart as if I was a vampire being staked. 

"Did you write all this?" Harry closed the book and turned around with his face full of repungence. All I could do was stand there. No one has ever seen that book. I repeat NO ONE. Not even Alicia. 

"Callie talk to me!" he growled as he walked forward and grabbed me forcifully with his hands. 

"Let go of me," I whispered harshly through my teeth. He held me harder after that, pulling me into his torso so I had to look up at him and see the hurt in his sage eyes.

"No, you look at me!" he yelled. "DAMNIT!" 

Cue the tears. I hated yelling. Especially from Harry and his husky loud tone. 

"You're going to wake up Alex," I sniffled as I dropped my head from his view not wanting for him to see the tears he caused.

"Why?" he held the book up in his hand as he let go of my arms. "Why did you...how could you want to kill yourself?"

"You wouldn't understand," I snarled as I reached for the book, then he held it above his head so I couldn't reach it. 

"Try me."

"No it's none of your business," I spoke through my tears as I tugged his shirt trying to reach the book.

"Dammit!" he pushed me out of anger and I landed half on the bed and half on the ground, bouncing from one object to the other.

As my bum hit the floor, all I could think of is how angry Harry gets and that he couldn't control it, no matter what the circumstance. But he'd never been angry like this with me. Not one bit of it was the Harry I liked. 

"Harry," my chin quivered fighting the tears I wanted to bawl. "Harry, Harry it's ok.." He stood there surprised at his own actions, one hand in the air with the book. He walked backwards struck with some kind of look I couldn't decipher, then ran out my window the way he probably got in. 

I pulled my knees in towards my chest and hugged myself. It's ok Callie. It's ok...

NO! It's not freaking ok! Harry has my book with every single poem I've written, every story about him...That book was basically my diary and now it was in the hands of someone so...so protective and fainthearted.

I couldn't even begin to imagine what he might be reading at this moment...

Harry's POV

I crawled into my bed and turned the bedside lamp on. The last story I read was about when she moved here...How she hated everyone and everything. She wrote about her last days and how she would leave her friend Alicia a note saying how much she's loved her and how sorry she was to leave her with such a shit life alone. Then she talked about how she would leave her body. She would take pills. She would find something in Alaric's house that wouldn't damage her outward appearance so her friends and family didn't have to find her looking so screwed up. I closed my eyes and pictured the girl on her bed holding a pill bottle in her hand with dozens of pills spread in chaos, foaming at the mouth... Then I turned the next page hoping it would be better.