Chapter 18

"Welcome home Callie!" Alaric smiled as I knocked on the door.

The taxi ride from the airport was so uneventful, I was just ready to be back in my bed upstairs.

"Hey!" I pulled him into a hug. "How was your Christmas?"

"It was nice," he smiled as I walked in with my suitcase. "Alex is still in Jersey. Her mom is having surgery this week to remove a brain tumor."

"What?! How long has her mom been sick?" I asked becoming concerned for her and her family.

"A while," he sighed as a look I didn't recognize crossed his face.

"What's wrong?" I questioned becoming even more worried.

"Nothing," he faked a smile. "Come here. I got you and Alex a Christmas present that I think the two of you will quite enjoy."

I followed after him and to the garage. "Ric you didn't have to get us anything..."

"Speak for yourself! You know Alex would have let me hear it if she didn't get anything!" he smiled as he stood in front of the door.

"Ok, you're right," I laughed.

"You have to promise to like it and use it!"

"RIC! I don't even know what it is!" I laughed.

"Promise," he finding pleasure in the suprise he had for me.

"Ok! I promise," I laughed. He gave me a smile and turned the knob of the door slowly. Once the door was opened he switched on a light to reveal a sparkling silver Lexus. HOLY COW!

"ALARIC YOU GOT US A CAR!" I squealed running to it.

"It's not just any car! It's a brand new model. I had to pull a few strings to get this car to the two of you. So, I'm expecting you and Alex to share it equally."

"OH MY GOD ALARIC! THANK YOU SO MUCH!" I ran to him and squeezed him with the biggest hug I could give.

"Wanna take it for a test drive?" he asked twirling a set of keys around his index finger.

"GOD YES!" I grabbed the keys from his hand and ran to my brand SPANKIN new car! AHHHHH!

I got accustomed to the vehicle as my fingers ran over all the controls. Wow, this was so nice! OH MY GOD! The leather seats were perfect. And my nostrils filled with the new scent relishing in it.

I backed out of the garage and down the long driveway. As I hit the main road I pressed the gas harder making the car zoom through the snow covered forest. Shit, ice! I need to slow down. I can't get in a car accident in a car as nice as this. I'm pretty sure Alaric would kill me if I didn't kill myself in it first.

I drove past the Styles' home. Hmmm... No, Callie. Don't do it. You are a stupid girl.

Then suddenly I found myself parked in front of their castle. I got out of the car and made my way to their front steps. God, its cold. My fingers felt like they would break off if someone touched them. I hit the doorbell before shoving my hands back into my pockets.

A few moments later, Ian showed up at the door with a smirk on his sarcastic face.

"Look who's here!" he leaned against the door frame. "Here for another lap dance I'm assuming?" He winked at me and I blushed.

"No, I was just in the neighborhood actually. Um. Alaric got Alex and I a car for Christmas so I was just taking it out for a spin," I said looking back at the goddess in the driveway.

"Sweet ass car, Callie!" he exclaimed as he went over to examine it. I followed behind him carefully, fully awawre of the ice covered pavement.

"Yeah it seems pretty luxorious. I just don't know much about cars," I shrugged.

"Well, you're going to have to let me drive it one day. This is so much nicer than my car," he said wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"I won't mind, but you're going to have to make sure it's ok with Alex. You know how she can be," I laughed as we walked back up the steps.

"What? A wench?" he smirked down at me.

"If you say so," I raised my brows as he pulled me into the warm house.

"Well I'm guessing you're here to see Harry. He's up in his room. But if he pisses you off I'll be in the kitchen making dinner. Glad you're back!" he smiled at me as he left the room.

"It's good to be back..." I mumbled to myself as I walked to the stairs. "...maybe."

Jumping up each step, I became increasingly nervous. Why was I even here? I wasn't even invited! Harry wouldn't mind would he? Then a noise other than my panicking heartbeat filled my ears. The beautiful harmonious sound of a piano being played. As my feet came closer to Harry's door I could see his back and the way he rocked as his fingers ran over the keys. God, he was amazing! The fluidity of his music was so silky and smooth. But it had a depressing muffle to it. I continued to watch him as he tapped away with his fingers his feet occasionally moving on the pedals underneath. Once he was finished he grabbed a pencil and began writing on a piece of paper. Hmm? Songwriter?

"You're amazing," I spoke which made him jump and papers flew everywhere around him. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!" I took a step into the room.

"No it's fine," he said hurriedly as he stared up at me for a second and grabbed a stack of the papers. He put them in the folder they once layed on and shoved it into the bookshelf by me.

"Ugh," I struggled feeling embarrassed.

"So your back!" he smiled as he walked farther away from me towards his messy bed.

"Yeah I am," I shrugged. "I literally just got back."

"And you just had to see me," he smirked his eyes mocking me.

"Nooooo," I rolled my eyes as I walked towards the piano. "Ric got me and Alex a new car for Christmas and I was taking it for a test drive."

I sat at the piano and tapped a key.

"Ever played?" he asked coming to sit next to me on the wooden bench.

"Not since I was like five," I removed my hand from the piano.

"Here, let me show you," he grabbed my hand from my lap and lifted it up to the white and black keys. He rested his hand over mine and I could feel his long, strong calloused fingers push down on mine causing the sweet sounds of the piano to ring out. The melody went on for a second then I removed my hand and found myself smiling like an idiot.

"What?" he smirked stopping the sweet sound.

"Nothing," I smiled at him and then darted my eyes back to the piano. "Keep playing."

He gave a happy sigh and brought his left hand back up to join his right and began a warm, mellow piece. My eyes trailed over his hands as he pressed keys. His veins popped out a bit in the center of the back of his hand and my eyes trailed up his tanned forearm and then to his built, sturdy chest...then his watchful sage eyes on mine. The music stopped abruptively.

He leaned into me and I let him kiss me. It was soft and sweet and it only lasted a moment. But our faces still hovered next to each other with an occasionally skimming on the skin of our noses. I leaned in and brought my hand up to wrap around his neck holding his curls to me. My lips pushed open his and his tongue immediately dominated my mouth.

"You're a good kisser," he muttered as he pulled my hips toward him leaving his hands resting on my lower back. "Hold on," he broke away and stood up leaving me sitting on the bench at a loss for words. He went to his bed and shoved all the clothes piled on top onto the floor.

"Umm...Harry I better get going," I said frantically pulling myself together. "Alaric should have dinner ready soon."

He looked me over for a hot second, his face falling as I stood up. "Alright. Pick you up for school tomorrow then?" he walked to me.

"Yeah," I smiled. He pulled my hips to his front again and leaned in to kiss me. I absentmindly shyed away from it and immediately felt bad for doing it. "I'm sorry. I-I need to go." I rushed out the door and down the stairs.

"See ya Calz!" Ian called but I ignored him and ran to my car. I sat in it for while just hyperventilating and thinking. Why on Earth did Harry make me so worked up?!