Chapter 24

Alaric and I were downstairs waiting for Alex to arrive. She would be here any minute. We had her favorite dinner ready and the Styles' were over as well waiting to give her a huge surprise. 

My phone buzzed in my jacket pocket. I took it out and received a text from her. 

Pulling in ~Alex

"She's here!" I gasped as I heard the door slam outside from the taxi. I had missed Alex so much these past three weeks I'd been here in Maine, hoping she would come back soon. She was like the sister I never wanted, but I also really loved her at the same time. Of course we had our fights and our moments but we only really had each other here. Well, I had Harry too now, but that was different.

She opened the door and cursed under her breath as all of us yelled, "SURPRISE!" 

I ran to her and encased her in my over due hug. "I've missed you!" 

"I've missed you too," she laughed giving me a squeeze back. "Wow, look at everybody all dressed up for me." 

I grabbed her bag as she hugged all the boys and the two girls. I jumped the steps taking it up to her room. I layed it on her neat bed and silently laughed to myself knowing that that bed was going to be completely strewn across the room when she sleeps tonight. Alex always squirmed in her sleep and it freaked me out. So, I was glad she no longer slept in my room. Even though we bonded so well when she slept in the same room. But thank god she's out. 

As I got down to the party, I found Harry sitting on the couch talking about his own party this Friday. He was going to be nineteen! Nine-freaking-teen! And I was a mere seventeen year old. My birthday was in April so it wasn't too far away, but still the thought of him being nineteen and me seventeen made me want to go crazy. I was serious jail-bait. Great. 

"Hey," Harry smiled at me as I cozied myself into his side. "Just talking about my party this Friday. You're coming right?" 

"Of course," I gave him a smile as I straightened out my crazy hair. "I mean as long as it's not like Vincent's."

"It might be a little like Vincent's, but there won't be any fights or fighting over you." He cooed in my ear as his brother, Ian, got up and left us sitting in the living room together. He reached for my hand and rubbed his fingers up and down the boney skin. "And my family's going out of town that weekend. Which means I have the house to myself." His soft, seductive voice in my ear made the hairs on my neck stand up and goosebumps trail across my thighs. Oh god...

"Sounds...fun," I mumbled pulling my hand away from his. My nerves were now on full blast. This Friday I was looking forward to, but now I was just plain scared. What did Harry expect from me? Did he want my virginity? I don't know if I'm ready to give that to him quite yet... 

"Harry! Callie!" James called into the room saving me from the heated moment. I stood up from the couch and then looked back at Harry as he gave me an intensely heated stare. Oh lord. My stomach did a twist and I followed after James. It was nice knowing Harry wanted me in that way, but I was too scared to do that with him...at least right now. The past few weeks we'd kissed of course and had extreme make out sessions that lasted for hours, but we'd never gone farther than that. Did he want me to go all the way without any experience?! I can't do that! Oh god...

I started feeling sick with worry as the night went on. I knew Harry knew something was up with me, but I wouldn't dare tell him I was scared. He would probably roll his eyes at me and get mad. I hadn't fought with him in a while and I didn't want it to start now just before his birthday. For god's sake he was turning nineteen! I still can't get over that.  

 ***

I knocked on Alex's door a few day's later as it got closer to Friday. It was now one day away from Harry's big birthday bash. And I couldn't let him down. I had to talk about this with someone. I couldn't go any longer feeling this anxiety.