Chapter 3

I woke to my loud alarm once more. Monday morning...meaning first day of the new school.

Getting ready I put on a pair of gray cropped ankle pants and a pink tanktop with a black cardigan on top of it covering my bare arms. I slid on my black TOMs once again and thicked on some black mascara.

I had packed my bookbag yesterday with Alex and we decided to try and stick together. After all we were the new kids in a small town. People probably were already gossiping about us coming up with insane stories of where we came from and why we're here. I could only imagine the looks on there faces if they really knew why we were here...because Alex and I didn't have the slightest idea.

"Girls," Alaric called up to us.

"Coming," Alex and I yelled in unison. I slung my book bag over my shoulder and slouched out the door with her.

"Breakfast on the go again. I don't want you two to be late on your first day," he threw an apple at me and then to Alex.

I chomped down and we jumped in the car. The drive there didn't take too long, only 15 minutes. The butterflies in my stomach were in a frenzy. All new people...all new kids...all new personalities...and I was going to have to get used to this. This was my new normal.

"Have a good day girls," Alaric said as he stopped his car in front of the building. Alex jumped out of the Range Rover and I soon scooted out to plop down next to her.

We both watched as Alaric drove off into the traffic surrounding the building. All the kids were giving us looks and looking us up and down from head to toe.

"Hello senior year," Alex mumbled half-heartedly.

"Let's get this day over with," I whispered so only she could here.

"Deal," she agreed and we made our way inside and down a hallway to her first class.

"Good luck," I said before she looked back at me with worried eyes.

"You too, Callie," Alex said so genuinely I could hardly believe it. But she was. Alex was being genuine. She had a heart after all!

I walked down the hall to my class. Chemistry. My absolute worst subject. As soon as I opened the door to the classroom the bell rang and students filed into there seats at lab tables.

"And you are Callie Steele, am I correct?" the man spoke teaching the class.

"What? Oh yes sir," I muttered as he walked over to me and handed me a huge book.

"Have a seat next to Mr. O'Brian," he spoke. I searched for any recognition of who that might be. A boy leaning back in his chair raised his hand and motioned me to sit next to him.

He had black hair that was buzzed, but he was still attractive. He wore a Ralph Lauren polo shirt and a pair of designer ripped jeans. He must be a tool.

"I'm Logan," he smiled at me. I grinned back at him and set my bookbag to the floor. Logan pulled the lab stool out for me and I quickly sat next to him. I knew everyone was staring at my back. I shifted in my seat uncomfortable for the rest of the class period.

For the rest of the day people didn't even try to hide their stares and comments about recent rumors they'd heard through the day.

Going to my last class, Literature, I sighed a sigh of relief. I walked in early and the teacher, Mrs. Meyer, gave me a play to read and 'To Kill A Mockingbird' to read when I got the chance. To her surprise I've already read both of them, but she encouraged me to read them again.

"Callie, have a seat behind Mr. Styles," I turned searching the rows of desks and a face immediately stood out. Harry. Was he?... "I'm so sorry dear. Harry raise your hand please."