Chapter 1

I hate this place already. And I've only been here for four hours. Why the hell did I agree to live with a family I didn't know in a town that was a thousand miles away from my home in Naples, Florida...

"Callie," my roommate, Alexandra or Alex, woke me from my thoughts. "This house is crazy freaky right? It's huge and dark."

"Yeah totally," I nodded, agreeing with her. I tucked a peice of my unruly brown hair behind my ear.

We both were sent here by our parents which was a little reassuring. Why we were here was still a mystery...

Alex had a honey-colored hair tint to go along with her natural tan and dark brown eyes. She was the epitome of beautiful. Her long legs small with a thigh gap to show off her hips and Kim Kardashian ass. But her bust was a little weak. I guess I couldn't really compare sizes with my small helping of boobs.

"Girls," our new 'dad', Alaric, knocked on our door. He was young, in his very late 30's. Brown, gelled hair on top his head. He was attractive knowing his age. He had everything going for him. He was fit, handsome, and obviously wealthy. I didn't understand why he didn't have a wife in this big house of his. I wondered how many girls would be outside his massive two front doors in a heart beat if he held auditions. "Come downstairs when you've finished unpacking. I want you to meet a few friends of mine."

"We'll be there soon Alaric!" Alex chirped from the bed across the room from mine. He smiled at the two of us then left.

"Sounds exciting," I mumbled to myself. I didn't want to meet his stupid friends in this stupid town. Alex hurriedly finished packing and left me up here to finish my own. I shoved clothes and books into the two dressers on my side of the room. I set up my laptop on my old wood desk. Sitting in the rolly chair in front of it, I set my head in my hands and mumbled a few cuss words before grunting and standing back up.

"I hate this place," I muttered walking out the door and down the long hall to the staircase. The old wood floors creaked as I walked along them. This hallway made me shiver. It reminded me of something out of an old scary movie, even though everything looked so expensive and antique. I reminded myself to never touch anything here in worry of breaking it. As I took the steps one by one they creaked. Ugh, well it looks like I'll never be able to sneak out...

I jumped the last step and landed on my feet together making a loud stomping noise. Voices were coming from just behind the stairs. I swirled around to the dining hall that was behind the staircase and stumbled in. I was caught in the arms of someone strong and hard as rock. I gasped as he held me and sat me up straight on my feet.

"And that is Callie Steele," Alaric laughed coming to my side. I gave a half smile still not able to meet the eyes of his guests, but I knew all their eyes were on me. Alaric's arm wrapped around my shoulders and I immediately stiffened. He hadn't ever showed this much attention to me. Maybe he's just goofing around, trying to be a good host.

"Callie," Alaric showed me to a seat at the side of the table Alex was sat. I pulled my chair out next to her and gave her a smile.

Calming down, I finally got a look at all of his guests. Five men. Oh wow.

"Callie this is James," Alaric pointed to the man sitting next to him. James was obviously the oldest one. He had dark, dark brown hair that could almost be considered black. But his dark eyes were the most eminent part of him. I felt like they could look through me and see every feeling I've ever had. "James is a realtor. He buys and sells houses and properties. He actually sold me this one. Oh, just a few years back." The two men shared a laugh and I sat there awkwardly glaring.