Chapter 48

I dressed into the red dress I had worn at Harry’s birthday. It was silk and more comfortable than it probably looked. When I saw my reflection in the mirror, my hips poked out through the material. I wondered if he would even notice the dress. I had worn it for him that night… He was freaking trashed though and most likely didn’t even think of me as his girlfriend for the night. Whatever. I can’t think about that. I’ll become even more irritated with the beautiful boy getting ready in the room.

I took a deep breath and pulled my hair up into my messy bun. My fingers twisted the door knob to the right and I walked out as Harry pulled on a black v-neck tshirt to go along with his dark jeans. I swear this boy doesn’t know what shorts are.

“Ready?” I smiled plainly feeling nervous. Harry and I had never gone to a dinner really. Technically, the only place we have gone privately was to the lounge he sings at, which includes me sitting there by myself with an occasional conversation with the hostess, Clara, who I was beginning to get to know quite well.

Speaking of friends, I could ask her to hang out with me some time when I go back up to Maine. Scratch the idea about Kristen, that bitch is not my sort of friend and never will be. However, Logan could still work. All we will need to get over is the idea of Harry, and hopefully, that won’t be too hard for him to do, because I honestly do miss his spontaneous personality.

“Yeah,” Harry smiled plainly at me not looking me over longer than a second. As he turned to the door, I shut my eyes and knew I should have worn something prettier. I slipped into my black flip-flops and followed him out the door. “Are we going across the street to the seafood restaurant?”

“That’s fine…” I mumbled, pulling my purse strap over my shoulder.

We walked silently out of the hotel and across the party people filled street, finally making it to the entrance of the joint.

“Hi! Welcome to Savannah’s Seafood! How many?” the blonde hostess asked as her eyes trailed over Harry’s arms.

“Two please,” I spoke up and grabbed Harry’s elbow. I noticed the smirk form on his lips from the corner of my eye.

“It’ll be ten minutes wait.”

“That’s fine,” Harry nodded and went to go sit down on a bench.

"What was the name?" the flousy hostess asked. My eyes searched for Harry to answer but he was on the otherside of the room watching a group of teenagers outside horsing around in the back of a pick-up truck.

"Styles, Mr. and Mrs. Styles," I eyed the girl and she coughed with apparent shock. 

"It'll be ten minutes, Mrs. Styles..." she wrote something down on her map of the restaraunt and fought against my eye contact.

"Thank you," I turned and walked to Harry as he smiled towards me and sat on the bench.

“So, what are we planning on tomorrow?” I sat down next to him and crossed one knee over the other. His hand rested on my thigh and he was in his own world looking at the crowd of people. Him still not noticing my question, I repeated myself only to be ignored again. I leaned back and pulled out my phone. I had three texts from Alaric.

What time will you be home Thursday morning? ~Alaric

Tell Harry to call me ASAP ~Alaric

I’m picking you two up from the airport Thursday. Expect an abundance of questions Callie. Highly disappointed in you two… ~Alaric

“Really?” I mumbled to myself.

“What’s wrong?” Harry squeezed my knee and then wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I tilted my phone to him and he read the messages. He obviously was flustered about something because of the way his nostrils flared.