Chapter 59

I stood from my cold spot in the forest when I heard my name being yelled out. My whole body was numb and disconnected from my brain. One of the perks about Maine was I could get lost in a maze of trees and bush weeds for miles and no one would be able to find me, unless that person was a born local, and which that person did find me.

"Callie, dear God!" Logan steadied me as I think my feet tried to run from him, but I ended face first into a long, extending tree limb. My scuffed up hand went to my face out of habit and I don't think I cried. My eyes teared up a bit, but in a normal circumstance I would have been crying buckets of tears. Although, this wasn't a normal circumstance this was exhausting and my resources had run dry.

"We need to get you home," Logan shifted an arm around my waist and I didn't like the way it felt. His hands were too soft and too nimble, too girly, not like my lost boy's.

"Get off," I shoved him from me and began running into the thick foliage again.

"ALARIC! JAMES! VINCENT!" Logan yelled like a belligerent beast.

"CALLIE!" I heard a man's yell from across the forest.

I wanted to be left here, right in the tree brush. I couldn't breathe. My chest was closing in, like a sumo wrestler had been sitting on me.

I grabbed a tree limb from the ground and swung it at Logan's head. I would do anything to be alone right now.

"Callie chill. It's me. I'm trying to help!" He held out his hands as if he was trying to tame me.

"Leave me alone," I threatened with the stick held high. "I'll hurt you Logan. I don't want to, but I will."

"It's me. We're friends," he inched forward in the brush.

"Back up," I raised the stick again and heard the other people fast approaching. "If you don't let me go, I will hurt you. Just please Logan. I need to be alone right now. Be my friend," I began letting my chin quiver and eyes water.

I tested his alliance and walked backwards with my eyes still on him. If he takes one step I will most likely hurt him just because I'm in a fragile state. And then I ran. I ran back to the road where I knew my car was parked. I was going to go demolish Harry's sweet little cottage and every part of me he had left.

I ran through the last remaining trees and hit the street just as I saw a pair of headlights coming from the Boutique and Music shop. Please don't be him. I walked with my head bowed down and my hand up covering my face.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" The car stopped in the middle of the road and I heard the accent I didn't want to hear.

My hand dropped and my face contorted with tears. "I hate you." I spoke to Harry and we both stayed there staring at each other unable to move after that.

"Why?"

"Are you serious?" my eyes widened.

"You just took my virginity out of boredom. And I gave it to you as a gift. A gift I will only be able to give once, Harry! You're disgusting and I hope you rot in hell!" I ran my hand over my face beginning to get flustered again.

"You'll do well in life, Callie. Good luck at NYU," he furrowed his brows and I remembered this type of conversation with him back when I didn't really know him.

And with that, he drove off and I watched his tail lights turn the corner and disappear.

I clutched my chest and felt my heart beating too fast for its own good. This is heart break. This is my personal heart break story. I don't have a love story, I never had a love story, I had a heart break story.

I walked solemnly and numb to my car and drove to that sweet cottage of his, trying to discover if I should or shouldn't demolish it. Should I end this our story like that? Or should I give our story something to grow from?

I drove up the driveway and parked the car and the cottage was unlocked still from last night.

Harry had left his tux jacket laying on the couch arm and I found myself drawn to it. I sat down on the couch and cradled the jacket, slowly putting one arm in each hole as tears flowed down my cheeks as memories of last night flickered through my mind.

I could never hate him. I hated him for how he made me feel right now, but I could never hate him as a whole. I will always love him, always.

I began to throw pillows and cushions throughout the small cottage living room and foyer out of frustration and anger for him leaving me. He told me we were forever. He said we were going to have this place together all summer. He said we were never going to be apart. We were so perfect for each other. How could he not see that? How can I not see what he sees? What does he see? What's wrong with me?!

I ran to the bedroom and cuddled into his comforter which still smelled like him. I cried and cried my eyes out until I fell asleep and woke up whenever the lights began shining over my face through the window.

"I miss you," I whispered when I woke up to Harry, but I knew he wasn't there.

When I figured out how to get out of bed, I cleaned the living room up just in case Harry came back to stay, but I took his jacket with me. His cologne filled my car when I sat it in my back seat.

As I pulled up to my drive way, Alaric and Minnie came running out of the front door.

"Where the hell have you been?" Ric screamed as I opened my door.

"I stayed out," I tucked my head under his arm when he tried to pin me.

"Callie Steele! I'm not playing games! I'll send you back to Naples! Tell me where the hell you where!" he threatened and I stared at him from under my lashes as he began to flare his nostrils.

"I slept in the car. Ok?!" I let tears spill so he would believe me. I wasn't going to give up Harry's private home just yet, because it was still my secret too. "It was parked at a McDonalds like five exits up. I just wanted to be left alone. You guys don't understand ok?! I don't want to talk about it. I just want to forget."

"Honey," Minnie stroked my arm and I gave her a death stare.

"You would understand I guess. The Styles boys only care about one thing-their penis," I looked at her then Alaric. I could see them both tense up and I knew the attention was off me now. It was directed towards James' affair when he was with Minnie.

A/N

Sorry I've been gone so long! I've been sick and nannying tons! Any who! I have spring break April 5-13 woohoo!!! Where are you all going/have gone for SB this year?

Ps sorry for the short chapter. But it's still a chapter :)

9 comments & 9 votes for next chappie

Xoxoxo
Emma