37: The Detective Boys.

*****

Day 4 of 10
Teitan High School

“Ai-chan! Conan-kun!” Ayumi cheerfully called.

“Ayumi-chan.” Conan replied as they approached him.

“Let’s go to the park today! Mitsuhiko and Genta are already waiting.”

“What are we going to do there?” Haibara asked.

“The boys are playing soccer. Let’s watch!”

At the mere mention of soccer, Conan’s ear perked up. Haibara noticed it. “Excited now, detective?”

The detective grinned. “Hold it.” He grunted, somewhat embarrassed. “It’s just that we haven’t played for a long time now.” He said, as they walked rather jubilantly toward the park.

“Be careful. You still haven’t fully recovered from your fever.” She commented.

Conan smiled. “Worried for me now, lady?” he teased as he leaned his face closer to hers.

Haibara instinctively shoved off his face. Conan pouted. She smirked and walked faster to hide her face that is now warming up in a faint blush.

*****

“Hey!” Genta called as soon as he caught sight of the three. “We’re here!” he cried as he waved his hand to get their attention. The three approached him.

“Where are the others?” Conan asked, searching for the other players.

“They took a quick break. They’ll be coming back in a minute.” Mitsuhiko replied. “Come on, Conan! Were having a hard time. We need your help already!” he said as he grabs his arm and drag him to the field. Conan took a quick glance at Haibara before following. She was also looking at him. He smiled, and stealthily mouthed to her. “Watch me.”

Haibara secretly smiled. She knew he was being egoistic again.

After a while, their opponent came back. They were students from the neighboring school. After a moment of talking, the game started again.

The score was tied. They needed to score a goal to win.

Conan immediately showed his skill on the said sport, but their opponent were formidable. They almost scored a goal too, but still failed. After a while, they knew they were fighting a lost battle. Genta and Mitsuhiko were somewhat disheartened and wanted to give up. Ayumi and Haibara observed this.

“Genta! Mitsuhiko! Conan-kun! Don’t give up!” Ayumi shouted at the top of her lungs. Haibara gave a look of encouragement towards them.

The cheer of the girls somewhat lifted their spirits. They started to play with enthusiasm again, but after several minutes their opponent scored a goal.

“Goal! Game over! Tomoya’s group wins!”

“Aww, man!” Genta bellowed devastatingly about the result.

Mitsuhiko punch a fist to the ground.

The two girls approached them. “It’s okay guys! You played great!” Ayumi consoled.

“But not great enough to win, Ayumi-chan.” Mitsuhiko replied.

“Right.” Genta seconded grimly.

Conan approached them, and looked at Haibara before saying, “It’s still okay.”

“How about we go to Hakase’s to eat cake? I’m pretty sure the professor is hiding a cake from me while he knows I’ve banned him from eating anything sweet. Might as well make it handy.” Haibara commented.