15: Annoyance

Day 6

Haibara was gone when Conan woke up.

'I must have fallen asleep while we were talking.' He thought as he scanned the room just to find it empty.

After a while however, Hakase arrived. He was surprised to see the detective awake.

"Shinichi! You're awake!" he rushed to his side as a smile spreads on his face.

He smiled back. "Yeah. Thanks Hakase."

"I should call the doctor and let everyone know!" he exclaimed excitedly as he run towards the door not even giving Conan the time to react.

Conan smiled. It feels good to see the professor happy.

*****

The doctor came after. He checked his vital signs and asked him few questions. They were currently talking when everyone arrived. The detective boys loudly entered the room with Ran, Sonoko, and Kogorou following behind. They were obviously glad that he had woken up. The doctor left after giving instructions to the professor.

"Conan-kun!" Ayumi's voice echoed in the room as she approached the detective, her eyes obviously threatening with tears.

"Yo, Ayumi." he smiled apologetically as he look at the detective boys. "Sorry for making you guys worry."

Mitsuhiko and Genta just grinned as an answer.

It was Ran's turn to talk. "Conan-kun! You're always putting yourself into danger! Take care of yourself more!" she cried as she glared at him.

"Sorry, Ran-neechan."

She continued to glare at him, but after some seconds, she walks towards him and gives him a hug. Conan yelped and blush at the sudden gesture. It was in this scene that Haibara walked in.

She stared at the sight for a second before she composed herself and stealthily walked out the room without anyone noticing. She was feeling a sudden pain at her chest just from the sight of Ran hugging Conan. She knew she should not feel this way because that is how it should be, but she could not help it. It was as if her feelings wanted to vent out no matter how hard she tries to shut it in.

She bit her lip as she used all her willpower to put on a casual face. 'It hurts.' She said in her mind as she continued walking away from that room.

Meanwhile, at Conan's room, after all the excitement had settled down, everyone was seated, busily chatting with each other, telling stories to Conan about what he had missed during the time that he was unconscious. But Conan seems to just half-heartedly listening as his eyes were busily searching for a certain someone. Hakase seems to notice his unease. He approached him nearer and whispered, "What's wrong, Shinichi?"

"Where's Haibara?" he asked as he look at the door, as if waiting for her to show up.

The professor seems to notice that she was indeed nowhere in the room.

"Strange. She was just with us moments ago." Hakase replied confusingly. "Where did she go?"

"Oh...is that so." Absurd as it may seem, Conan felt sad by the fact that Haibara was not here. Funny, it was as if he wanted to see her.

'Why isn't she here?' he asked himself.

"Maybe she went home?" Hakase's voice pulled him out from his thoughts. "She didn't have enough rest ever since you were hospitalized. She didn't even leave you a bit."