68.

Jaelynn POV

It's about 3 in the morning and I'm out here at Krispy Kreme donuts waiting on their new batch. By far this has to be the craziest craving I ever had. And out of nowhere. I was sleeping peacefully and boom the craving hit. I don't think Elijah even knows I left.

"Ma'am? We only have two boxes left that we can give you" the woman said. I smile "let's do this". She met me out front with the two boxes and I can smell the sweetness.

Finally driving back home. Hopefully Elijah didn't notice I went out. That way I sneak back in. Eat a donut or two and go back to bed like nothing happened. Pulling into the driveway I slowly walked up to the door and walked inside.

Thinking I made it safely and quietly the lights go on. "Where the hell have you been?!" Elijah asked.

"Huh? Oh umm... just getting breakfast" I nervously smile.

"Breakfast at 3 a.m. don't tell me you went down to Krispy Kreme again" he said.

"Okay I won't tell you then" I said walking quickly into the kitchen with Elijah right behind me. Placing the two boxes on the counter top. I sniffed the air of the sweet smells of this delicious donut. "You have problems".

"Hater! Don't ask me for some either" I warned.

"Can't believe you went to the this place and they are not even open. How the hell did you get the donuts?" He asked.

"Let's just say with a little persistence you can get anything you want" I opened the box to reveal the glazed donuts.

"Jaelynn come on let's go back to bed. You don't need to eat any of those donuts!". I eyed him down. "Excuse me?!. I didn't just drive an half hour for you to tell me I can't have any".

"I'm going back to bed" he said. I nodded "go on then. It's just me and my donuts". Elijah walked out the kitchen shaking his head. I don't care what he thinks.

Later that morning. Zahrie and I was finishing up the second box. Just like mommy she loves donuts. Something Elijah wouldn't know about. I had the small television on with the news just Incase something happened I wouldn't miss it.

Breaking news...

Just in we have live footage of the arrest of the perpetrator that murdered Alexis Jones. It's been months since we last covered her murder. She was the young woman who found strangled to death in her own home. She was the late ex girlfriend of rapper Elijah James.

Here you see a woman who looks about as old as my mother here in handcuffs.

"I didn't do anything!" She yelled.

Apparently cops found evidence tying this old woman to the death of Alexis Jones. And the climax of this story the old woman we see here is Elijah's mother. From our sources say that Alexis and his mother were very close. So they don't know why she decided to kill her. We may never know. But it's a good day for Alexis' family.

Back to you Jim.

Spitting out my donut on the floor I stood there with my mouth open. What the fuck just happened?. Elijah walked in the kitchen shaking his head "I see you have our daughter into your craving as well".

I couldn't speak.

"Jaelynn!?" Elijah snapped his fingers in my face "see zahrie what too much donuts do to you. Mommy can't even move" he joked.

"Oh my god" I said over and over. Elijah looked at me with concern now "are you okay?". I nodded "your mother was just arrested for killing Alexis".

"Wait? What?" He said.

"It was just on the news. Holy shit! Someone is playing with us. How could the cops find evidence that she was there when she wasn't?". Elijah sighed "I don't know. But hey let them arrest her. She was no good anyway".

"She made me waste a donut on the floor" I laughed.

"Good, too much of this isn't good for you anyway" Elijah said.

"Umm correction the baby wants it. Whatever it wants it gets" I grabbed the box from him. "Hater".

"Zahrie you ready to be a big sister?" Elijah asked her.

"No" she said.

"I'm starting to think that's her favorite word, now" I said. Elijah laughed "most kids usually aren't happy when they have to share the spotlight".

"Elijah I'm still stuck. Your momma is going to jail for something she didn't do. How did we get this lucky?. Or is this one of those things where it's going to come back to us? Or did Jillian and Renzo lie to us?. This is too much for my brain to consume".

"Jaelynn? Relax. Don't start getting crazy over this. If my mum is in handcuffs then let her be. Maybe she did do it! Who knows!".

"But if she did... why would Jillian and Renzo have to lie about killing her?. See this shit don't make sense. Or they planned evidence that would blame your mom. Damn that Jillian is a genius".

"Whatever the case may be just let it be. Last thing I need is your stressing yourself out and causing problems for yourself and this baby". Elijah was right. The damage is done so let it be. But damn, his momma did it?. I'm going to need more donuts for later. "Zahrie baby you to take a ride with mommy to get donuts?". She nodded quickly. "That's my girl".